PDA

View Full Version : Update, went to Dr about anxiety this time!

FlightlessFlamingo
10-11-16, 20:01
I wasn't sure where to post this but since the main issue is HA I picked here.

So the other day I hit a complete crisis and told my partner what's been happening. She helped me book an emergency drs appointment and I went today. I was terrified of telling the doctor about HA so I wrote it all down and handed it to her whilst having a massive panic attack (like, I've never had one worse lol!). I was also worried about who I would see, so I'm relieved the appointment was with the new permanent gp so I can see her every time now and she's wonderful.
She listened when I said I wasn't sure of taking a drug I'd never had before and prescribed what I was comfortable with. I've been signed off for two weeks, given Fluoxetine and Diazepam (bit nervous about the Diazepam, hope I won't need it) and she referred me for counselling/therapy. I see her again in a week.

I couldn't have managed this if it wasn't for various people on here and another site listening and talking to me this week, so thank you.

I hope anyone in a similar position can get themselves to find help for the right things soon too. It's scary but such a relief when that first bit is done.

ServerError
10-11-16, 20:09
Well done! You've taken the first steps to reaching a better place. Sounds like you've got a good GP too. Take some comfort in the fact you're being looked after. Therapy can take a long time to come through, so consider exploring online resources until your appointments comes through.

Just a word on the diazepam. I took it when I was at my worst. It's a pretty safe medication when taken as prescribed. If you feel you need it, don't be afraid to give it a try.

FlightlessFlamingo
10-11-16, 21:46
Thanks, I've been reading a bit about Diazepam and it's made me feel a bit better about possibly taking it if I really need to.

Is there anything online that you recommend? I downloaded that 7cups app but it's a bit 'gushy' for me lol

Elen
11-11-16, 08:15
Hi Flamingo have a look at Living Life To The Full, some people like Moodgym but tbh it doesnt appeal to me.

Loads of good info here for specific problems http://psychology.tools/download-therapy-worksheets.html

Elen

FlightlessFlamingo
11-11-16, 11:21
Thanks Elen, I'll have a look through that :)