PDA

View Full Version : Uncontrollable retching...

cjemc
11-11-16, 12:16
I just had episodes of uncontrollable retching which was so severe I thought I was going to retch to death...

I need medical treatment ASAP.
Shall I go to A&E and get profoundly strong tranquilisers?

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I also look like I have done 10 rounds with a boxer. My eyes are horrifically dark with deep seated circles under them. My nose is running as well.
Maybe its an Ear Nose and Throat disorder?

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 12:20
I just had episodes of uncontrollable retching which was so severe I thought I was going to retch to death...

I need medical treatment ASAP.
Shall I go to A&E and get profoundly strong tranquilisers?

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

I also look like I have done 10 rounds with a boxer. My eyes are horrifically dark with deep seated circles under them. My nose is running as well.
Maybe its an Ear Nose and Throat disorder?

Cal... really man... this has been going on for years and everyone keeps telling you the same thing. Do you really think all of a sudden someone will post the "Ah Ha!" answer? Quit drinking and get professional mental health help!

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

cjemc
11-11-16, 12:26
Cal... really man... this has been going on for years and everyone keeps telling you the same thing. Do you really think all of a sudden someone will post the "Ah Ha!" answer? Quit drinking and get professional mental health help!

Good luck and as always

Positive thoughts

Sorry FMP. I know I am a pain in the ...
I don't know how any professional is going to stop me retching though?

Elen
11-11-16, 12:39
Have you let them try?

cjemc
11-11-16, 12:42
Have you let them try?

I haven't been able to make it to the appointments because of the retching.

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 12:53
Sorry FMP. I know I am a pain in the ...
I don't know how any professional is going to stop me retching though?

First off the drinking as has been shown in your threads is a catalyst. You're self medicating and quite frankly, it's going to come back and bite you in the a$$ with long term medical issues eventually. Secondly, a mental health professional (psychiatrist) can help get to the root of why this is happening. They can also prescribe meds.

Here's an example... When I had depression after my first heart attack, I sought help from a professional. He prescribed Zoloft and I went weekly for 6 months. We talked about many things and I discovered much about myself and the way I react to things. The insight was a powerful tool in learning to change certain behaviors that kept me in the cycle of negative thinking. One of the things I learned is what my "Positive Thoughts" thread is about. I read a positive thought every morning first thing. It helps get me in a better frame of mind and especially now with what I'm going through, it's invaluable!

Another example.... For some reason (before I married), I would always date and get into relationships with these "Hot Mess" type of women... full of drama and angst (sex was great though! ~lol~). In my discussions with my psychiatrist, he suggested that deep down I liked the drama and guess what... he was right! My wife is the complete opposite of that and she's the best thing that ever happened to me (and guess what? the sex is awesome!).

So a professional can help you discover more about yourself and perhaps you can discover the catalyst that put you where you are now and ways to overcome it. The meds were like a crutch and helped me walk until I could walk on my own. It was work... hard work but worth every effort!

So... you can continue to retch and drink, retch and drink and retch and drink and then come post about it here or you can take steps to discover the reasons behind it and fix it. These are just words on a screen... hopefully they hit home.

I haven't been able to make it to the appointments because of the retching.

I call BS on this. You see your GP, get a referral or pick up the phone and start calling around. Do some research and find a psychiatrist that can help you!

Good Luck Cal

Positive thoughts

cjemc
11-11-16, 16:04
First off the drinking as has been shown in your threads is a catalyst. You're self medicating and quite frankly, it's going to come back and bite you in the a$$ with long term medical issues eventually. Secondly, a mental health professional (psychiatrist) can help get to the root of why this is happening. They can also prescribe meds.

Here's an example... When I had depression after my first heart attack, I sought help from a professional. He prescribed Zoloft and I went weekly for 6 months. We talked about many things and I discovered much about myself and the way I react to things. The insight was a powerful tool in learning to change certain behaviors that kept me in the cycle of negative thinking. One of the things I learned is what my "Positive Thoughts" thread is about. I read a positive thought every morning first thing. It helps get me in a better frame of mind and especially now with what I'm going through, it's invaluable!

Another example.... For some reason (before I married), I would always date and get into relationships with these "Hot Mess" type of women... full of drama and angst (sex was great though! ~lol~). In my discussions with my psychiatrist, he suggested that deep down I liked the drama and guess what... he was right! My wife is the complete opposite of that and she's the best thing that ever happened to me (and guess what? the sex is awesome!).

So a professional can help you discover more about yourself and perhaps you can discover the catalyst that put you where you are now and ways to overcome it. The meds were like a crutch and helped me walk until I could walk on my own. It was work... hard work but worth every effort!

So... you can continue to retch and drink, retch and drink and retch and drink and then come post about it here or you can take steps to discover the reasons behind it and fix it. These are just words on a screen... hopefully they hit home.

I call BS on this. You see your GP, get a referral or pick up the phone and start calling around. Do some research and find a psychiatrist that can help you!

Good Luck Cal

Positive thoughts

Thanks FMP. I will keep you updated with any developments. :hugs: