PDA

View Full Version : Changing brands citalopram + increased dose worries

Conni
11-11-16, 12:19
Hi everyone,

I got prescribed a different brand of citalopram today... It came in a different package but it still 10mg.

I took one and feel horrendous - I feel so tired, sick and I had a panic attack, the first one in 8 weeks since starting the medication.

My dr told me I can increase the dosage a few days ago as the anxiety is creeping back but I am so scared to increase it 1) in case the dose is too high and I go crazy or something 2)because I'm at uni and I know I'll feel shitty again.

Has anyone felt awful after changing brands or is it just all in my head? Also I'm going to increase to 15mg does anyone have any experience of this and whether the side effects will come back?

I just want to feel normal again :'(

Mummytofour
11-11-16, 14:10
Hi conni,

I don't know if it would have anything to do with being a different brand but if your anxiety is creeping up again then it could be that you have noticed the different brand and maybe thinking it might cause problems so your anxiety has spiked due to the thought of it. If that makes sense. If you have been feeling anxious again I would in increase to 20mg like your gp said. 10mg is a very low dose and I think most people end up having to get to at least 20mg at some point. I was prescribed 10mg for a week then straight up to 20mg and been on 20mg now for just over 2 weeks.

Maxine