PDA

View Full Version : Nodular melanoma?? Can it leak clear fluid/be popped? So scared.

Appa Yip Yip
11-11-16, 18:40
I'm little worried. I fairly suddenly developed a small-ish semi-shiny pink bump on my left forearm that I thought was a bug bite at first. Over the course of a couple weeks though it got continually and noticeably bigger quite quickly and showed no sign of going away. Didn't really look like a typical bug bite anymore - no inflamed redness around it, a perfect circle, semi-shiny soft bump. My OCD and anxiety which has been greatly in check kicked in and I squeezed it to see what would happen. It leaked clear fluid (gross, sorry) and then the area was flat. This was about 1 1/2 weeks ago. That was that, or so I thought.

I noticed today that the area was starting to puff up again, like it was trying to grow back. The spot leftover from where I squeezed it never fully went away, which I found odd, now today I think it looks like it's coming back. Out of fear, I scraped and popped it again to make it go away, but I don't know what to think. I'm really starting to worry I have nodular melanoma, the lethal skin cancer. It grows quickly, and this definitely grew quickly. I'm so scared. Can skin cancer pop and the area become flat then grow back again? I made a dermatologist appt for Monday and Thursday week (could only see NP so wanted a couple opinions to ease my mind), but I'm so worried. Any advice/reassurance would be so appreciated.

---------- Post added at 13:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 ----------

Anyone? Please, I'm really worried.

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 18:53
No one can tell you here but you know that. Off the cuff, it doesn't sound serious and you've gotten some pretty good responses/reassurance on another forum. Just keep your appointment. I'm sure all will be well.

Positive thoughts

Appa Yip Yip
11-11-16, 19:01
Thanks, FishmanPa. You're right, I know no one can tell me if something is truly wrong but I guess posting about the fear and hearing others' opinions helps take the edge off some of the worry while I wait for my appointment. I really hope you're right and that it is nothing but I guess I will find out for sure next week.