PDA

View Full Version : Routine eye test discovered problem

AnxietyDJ
11-11-16, 17:18
Hi guys,

Went for an eye test today (my first in far too long) after some minor blurring in my left eye. Everything was fine in the test and results were excellent, which was good. As a precaution they then took me for a 3D scan of my eye, which unfortunately highlighted some fluid build up behind my eye, which would likely be the cause of the blurring. Everything seemed fine, but following that final test, I am now totally freaked as the optician went and consulted with a colleague, and then said I have to go to the hospital as quickly as possible to get it checked out, as it appears to be 'very serious' :shrug:

Never a good idea, but after a brief look online the first results all seem to be related to diabetes (I do suffer from high blood pressure, which also makes chances of diabetes higher), which is making me very scared due to absolutely hating needles.

I'm not expecting any medical advice as I know it could likely be one of a number of things, but its always helpful to vocalise my thoughts and anxieties and hear some nice words of encouragement :blush:

Thanks for reading :)

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 17:25
Well.... despite the medical aspect and the seriousness of the situation, you now know what it is and are having it addressed. Having suffered from serious medical issues, I've been treated and recovered and made the necessary lifestyle changes which have kept me in relatively good health since.

Concerning the reasons behind it, physical maladies such as high BP and if in fact this is diabetes related can be treated with medication and lifestyle changes. So while the short term is stressful, the long term is certainly more optimistic.

Let us know how you get on.

Positive thoughts

AnxietyDJ
11-11-16, 17:30
Thanks Fishman. Really appreciate the reply.

Yes, I know that whatever I am diagnosed with is likely treatable and lots of things can be reversed with good (or better) lifestyle. Please to hear that you've been able to recover from your previous diagnoses.

Take care and enjoy the weekend :)

Carrie8484
11-11-16, 20:42
Did the tell you to go to an eye hospital, or a general hospital ?
I've worked in optics for 7 years, normally we would refer you to the eye hospital or tell you to go to the emergency department of the eye hospital if we thought it was serious, which you have been told it is?
If they said 'go to hospital as quickly as possible ' I assume they meant emergency eye hospital felt or A+E?
Did you do that?

AnxietyDJ
11-11-16, 21:46
Did the tell you to go to an eye hospital, or a general hospital ?
I've worked in optics for 7 years, normally we would refer you to the eye hospital or tell you to go to the emergency department of the eye hospital if we thought it was serious, which you have been told it is?
If they said 'go to hospital as quickly as possible ' I assume they meant emergency eye hospital felt or A+E?
Did you do that?

Yes they said to go to the ophthalmology department of a hospital as soon as possible. Unfortunately now the only one open for the rest of the weekend is miles away, so I will have to wait until Monday morning.

AnxietyDJ
14-11-16, 13:23
So, just got back from the hospital today... Was there for a few hours having various tests, but it appears that (thankfully) there is (hopefully) nothing seriously wrong. They think I have 'Central Serious Retinopathy', which should go of it's own accord in a month or two, and can be caused by high stress, which I have had a lot of lately. I have to go back for a follow-up in a month, so fingers crossed it will be a little better by then.

Huge weight off my mind! Thanks for the replies:)

Elen
14-11-16, 14:07
Thank goodness for that.

I was hoping that it was stress related and not something more physical.

You have so much going on atm that it is no wonder that you are stressed out.

Thanks for updating us, I have been wondering about you all morning.

tc Elen xxx

Sparkling_Fairy
14-11-16, 14:12
Good to hear! Hopefully it will go soon enough.

AnxietyDJ
14-11-16, 15:35
Thank goodness for that.

I was hoping that it was stress related and not something more physical.

You have so much going on atm that it is no wonder that you are stressed out.

Thanks for updating us, I have been wondering about you all morning.

tc Elen xxx

Aw thanks, Elen. That means a lot :)