PDA

View Full Version : Anybody suffered with tingling sensations?

LG18
11-11-16, 21:10
I have extreme health anxiety, usually relating to fears of fatal brain conditions.

It started out with a fear that my girlfriend having a brain tumour when she experienced Virtigo and other problems. She had an MRI scan and the whole process of waiting was extremely anxiety inducing.

Now I'm starting to worry about my own health. I'm worried I have an acoustic neuroma; again, tumour worries, so there's definitely a theme here.

My symptoms have been (all on the left side of my head) pain in one ear when I wear headphones, pain when I move my jaw and around my neck and ear area, however, the two symptoms that concerned my most was what I perceive to be tinitus and also a tingling sensation in the side of my head.

The thing is, I do understand that anxiety can be attributed to many physical ailments, and I'm trying to learn more about that.

As I'm sure many of you have experienced with health anxiety, deciphering reality from symptoms of anxiety is a tricky one.
With this tinitus for example, it's only very slight, and I don't know whether it's something I should be concerned about or not.
Is it really there? Is it getting worse because I'm focusing on it?
I don't actually notice it until I start to worry about it.

The same can often be said for this tingling in my head, which is the symptom I'm really worried about the most.
It's like a slight pins and needles type feeling on the side of my head behind my ear.
I occasionally also get short stabbing pains in the same area. Nothing really painful, but noticeable.
Because it's fairly mild, I don't know whether it just comes on when I think about it or whether it just comes on randomly - both seem to have happened.

I was wondering whether anyone has experienced anything similar?
Have you had slight symptoms that you can't quite explain. Do they come on when you experience anxiety? Have you attributed a great amount of time sitting and concentrating on the sensation trying to figure out what's going on?

I'm Just looking for anyone that can relate really.

Thanks a lot. :)

Fishmanpa
11-11-16, 21:41
It's a very common anxiety symptom. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Numbness_or_tingling_in_hands_and_feet)

Positive thoughts

LG18
13-11-16, 21:51
It's a very common anxiety symptom.

Positive thoughts

Thanks for the link :) didn't realise it was fairly common.
Mines localised to the left side of my head so I was worrying I had some sort of tumour pressing on the nerves or something.

axolotl
13-11-16, 22:23
I have extreme health anxiety, usually relating to fears of fatal brain conditions.

It started out with a fear that my girlfriend having a brain tumour when she experienced Virtigo and other problems. She had an MRI scan and the whole process of waiting was extremely anxiety inducing.

Now I'm starting to worry about my own health. I'm worried I have an acoustic neuroma; again, tumour worries, so there's definitely a theme here.

My symptoms have been (all on the left side of my head) pain in one ear when I wear headphones, pain when I move my jaw and around my neck and ear area, however, the two symptoms that concerned my most was what I perceive to be tinitus and also a tingling sensation in the side of my head.

The thing is, I do understand that anxiety can be attributed to many physical ailments, and I'm trying to learn more about that.

As I'm sure many of you have experienced with health anxiety, deciphering reality from symptoms of anxiety is a tricky one.
With this tinitus for example, it's only very slight, and I don't know whether it's something I should be concerned about or not.
Is it really there? Is it getting worse because I'm focusing on it?
I don't actually notice it until I start to worry about it.

The same can often be said for this tingling in my head, which is the symptom I'm really worried about the most.
It's like a slight pins and needles type feeling on the side of my head behind my ear.
I occasionally also get short stabbing pains in the same area. Nothing really painful, but noticeable.
Because it's fairly mild, I don't know whether it just comes on when I think about it or whether it just comes on randomly - both seem to have happened.

I was wondering whether anyone has experienced anything similar?
Have you had slight symptoms that you can't quite explain. Do they come on when you experience anxiety? Have you attributed a great amount of time sitting and concentrating on the sensation trying to figure out what's going on?

I'm Just looking for anyone that can relate really.

Thanks a lot. :)

Tingling is one of my main anxiety symptoms. I get it in my face, head, arms, fingers, legs, toes, torso... I had a pretty bad HA episode over it, and had lots of tests, but it's just anxiety (with a possible slight B12 deficiency).

It sounds to me like you're being hyper-aware of your body. For example with the tinnitus, most people have it slightly, especially if you've spent any of your life listening to loud music, but most of the time you block it out. If you concentrate on it you'll hear it. It's nothing to worry about, it's just noise permanently vibrates the tiny hairs in your ear. I went to a lot of concerts in my teens and early 20s, which is why have it slightly, but it's not enough to annoy me. Even severe tinnitus is an annoyance, not something to be worried about.

With the tingling, again the more you concentrate the more you'll experience it. Same with slight pains - we all get them from time to time and usually ignore them, but if you're looking for problems you'll find them. The body is an imperfect thing with lots of aches, pains, wobbles, and burbles, which we don't notice unless we concentrate on them.

LG18
13-11-16, 22:38
Tingling is one of my main anxiety symptoms. I get it in my face, head, arms, fingers, legs, toes, torso... I had a pretty bad HA episode over it, and had lots of tests, but it's just anxiety (with a possible slight B12 deficiency).

It sounds to me like you're being hyper-aware of your body. For example with the tinnitus, most people have it slightly, especially if you've spent any of your life listening to loud music, but most of the time you block it out. If you concentrate on it you'll hear it. It's nothing to worry about, it's just noise permanently vibrates the tiny hairs in your ear. I went to a lot of concerts in my teens and early 20s, which is why have it slightly, but it's not enough to annoy me. Even severe tinnitus is an annoyance, not something to be worried about.

With the tingling, again the more you concentrate the more you'll experience it. Same with slight pains - we all get them from time to time and usually ignore them, but if you're looking for problems you'll find them. The body is an imperfect thing with lots of aches, pains, wobbles, and burbles, which we don't notice unless we concentrate on them.

Thanks for your post, that makes a lot of sense.

And yeah, with the tinitus it doesn't annoy me, it was just something I noticed was there in my left ear, and instantly I was like "oh god, that's an acoustic neuroma symptom)

Then as I started to go down that track of worrying about acoustic neuroma, I guess ad you say I've become hyper aware of my body.
The tingling for me is sort of like the hairs on your head are moving slightly, if that makes sense.

I've also had a bad headache on that same side of my head today so I've been super worried with it.
The symptoms just feel so real. You convince yourself there's something seriously wrong with you.

I'm going to univercity next year and am really excited about that, but I just have this black cloud of worry hanging over me.
I went to the doctor about it and they said to go back if it didn't go off and I'm so worried to do so. That means going down a path of ever ending worry and having scans..

axolotl
13-11-16, 23:17
Thanks for your post, that makes a lot of sense.

And yeah, with the tinitus it doesn't annoy me, it was just something I noticed was there in my left ear, and instantly I was like "oh god, that's an acoustic neuroma symptom)

Then as I started to go down that track of worrying about acoustic neuroma, I guess ad you say I've become hyper aware of my body.
The tingling for me is sort of like the hairs on your head are moving slightly, if that makes sense.

I've also had a bad headache on that same side of my head today so I've been super worried with it.
The symptoms just feel so real. You convince yourself there's something seriously wrong with you.

I'm going to univercity next year and am really excited about that, but I just have this black cloud of worry hanging over me.
I went to the doctor about it and they said to go back if it didn't go off and I'm so worried to do so. That means going down a path of ever ending worry and having scans..

I don't think a GP has ever sent anyone away about anything without saying "go back if it doesn't go off!". Don't read too much into that.

LG18
14-11-16, 11:33
I don't think a GP has ever sent anyone away about anything without saying "go back if it doesn't go off!". Don't read too much into that.

That's a good point haha