PDA

View Full Version : Took my first tablet last night

Wilburis
12-11-16, 12:23
Hello

I took my first Pregabalin tablet last night and Ive woken up with sore arms.

Is this a side effect any one else has had?

Im so scared to take medication and TBH, Im surprised I woke up this morning....

hanshan
12-11-16, 13:20
Hi Lizzie,

First of all, please accept my unreserved apologies about my comments about the health anxiety "sad face" that I made on another thread. It was in no way my intention to make you feel worse. I was trying to say I thought that for people with health anxiety, using the sad face in posts actually ended up making them feel worse. It was in no way directed at you personally.

As for your sore arms, it's possible that pregabalin is a cause, but you would need several occurrences of the event at least to establish pregabalin as a cause.

Posters to NMP with health anxiety frequently report increased symptoms around the time of taking a new medication. I believe that while some of this is a side-effect of the medication, anxiety is often a cause.

Wilburis
12-11-16, 13:28
Hanshan

Thank you.

I apologise for being too sensitive - Im in a really bad place ATM.

I hate taking medication and cannot believe I may have a side effect from just one tablet. Im now scared to take anymore. It was only a 75mg.

Did you have any side effects from Pregabalin?

xx

hanshan
12-11-16, 14:31
Well, first I'd give it a couple of days until you know something is regularly happening as a side effect.

Yes, I had side effects from pregabalin when I first started taking it - mostly physical coordination problems and a dry mouth, but they subsided over time.

Generally, pregabalin's effects are often rather subtle, and can be over-weighed by an anxiety response. Try not to let this happen. 75 mg is still a small dose, so you may need more to get a response.

Phill2
13-11-16, 07:55
Hanshan

Thank you.

I apologise for being too sensitive - Im in a really bad place ATM.

I hate taking medication and cannot believe I may have a side effect from just one tablet. Im now scared to take anymore. It was only a 75mg.

Did you have any side effects from Pregabalin?

xx

My wife takes 75mg 3 x daily for nerve pain and has no side effects
Stick with it :yesyes: