PDA

View Full Version : Hypomanic from SSRI?!

Leadore
12-11-16, 20:07
I am terrified right now. I have tried so many meds without success, and was so hopeful for Celexa. Day 4 today and I believe I have developed Hypomania.

Day 1 - nothing much change except I felt a stimulating feeling
Day 2 - I was not euroforic but started to feel things again, having a real turn in energy and motivation. All feelings became more intense. However had little anxiety.
Day 3 - I started becoming impulsive and sexting sexy pictures to a guy. This is so embarrising but I became really horny (like really! And this happened on cymbalta to for two days). Became more confident and so on.
Day 4 - Crushing down in guilt and depression. Feel wierd and highly anxious!

Been sleeping badly (even with ambien). Had similar but less intense experiences with other ADs. On Cymbalta it only lasted a few days and then I was more tired instead.

Thing is I need energy! And I have never before been hypomanic without meds.

I have a fear of psychosis and freaking out right now!

---------- Post added at 21:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

Oh! And I been laughing like almost unnatural...

lliiaamm0099
12-11-16, 23:58
guilt and depression make it seem highly unlikely that you are suffering from hypomania. Hypomania often gives people a feeling of euphoria and makes them think very highly of themselves not guilty or depressed. Your sleep problem could simply be due to the fact that serotonin is an excitatory neurotransmitter and it could also be due to the fact that you feel highly anxious.