PDA

View Full Version : New to HA--Leukemia

incunables
12-11-16, 20:12
Dear All,

While I've had health anxiety for a long time, but am just now learning that it has a name and that there are other people who have it. I've "had" all manner of illnesses over the years, ranging from meningitis, heart disease, early balding (as a 24-year-old woman), kidney disease, etc. And in time I've always managed to talk myself out of them, but this time I'm rather stuck in a fear over leukemia.

I have a small petechia rash on my rear, and then there a few scattered all over. I was at the doctor the middle of last week because I was feeling very under the weather, and he looked me over briefly and deemed me fine (and, having HA, I asked him if he was pretty sure I wasn't on death's doorstep. He said I wasn't), but didn't do blood work. I'm feeling perfectly fine now, but the petechia have me freaked out. Maybe I've had them in the past and just didn't know that it was a symptom of everything terrible, and so didn't really care that I had them? I am pale. But they do seem to be popping up, over the last four or five days, almost never in groups, just individually, for a total of six or seven. Any thoughts? It's a shame that leukemia is so sneaky--you want to think that there are very clear signs, but it doesn't seem that there are.

Thanks so much for this wonderful fora; it's such a comforting thing to find after all of these years.

Incunables