PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else get frequent legitimate illnesses?

Steviewoodman
13-11-16, 00:03
Every time I seem to be making good anxiety progress, and getting out of the slump of letting it get to me, I come down with an illness like a cold, sickness bug, pulled muscle, then bouts of bad IBS, then an ear infection, then back to another cold.

Its one thing after another and is feeding my anxiety and hampering me. I'd like to get a few weeks of health to really work on breaking some habits but these illnesses put me back on the sofa feeling sorry for myself!

Has anyone else had frequent illnesses - does anxiety lower your immune system in that way?

CeeCeeCee
13-11-16, 00:27
Yes, definitely, I just start to feel 'normal' then some bug comes along to get me, then I start to wonder if it's more than just a bug. I have just had an infection (I think) and although I feel better in some ways, I have a lot of symptoms still that make me feel something is wrong. I hate the vicious circle :-(

dale12345
13-11-16, 02:21
This happens to me all the time. Than I worry it is something bigger, Something comes goes away and something else comes or the same thing repeating its self.

Capercrohnj
13-11-16, 14:57
IBS has nothing to do with immune system but yes I think anxiety lowers it.

katyfitz
13-11-16, 15:07
Yea I can relate to this. I'm having bad bouts of ibs at the moment, mainly diarreah and just want a week of pure healthiness and feeling normal. Keep ur chin up and hope you feel better soon x