PDA

View Full Version : Churning stomach

Fitzy
13-11-16, 16:06
I have this persistent churning in my stomach,and then I get these stomach dropping sensations. Does anyone else get this and how can I stop it?

Bike Rider
13-11-16, 16:21
I get this Fitzy and anxiety is the cause, however, my has changed from the anxiety causing the stomach churning, which by the way is adrenaline, to the churning now causing the anxiety.

My GP gave me propranolol which at first seemed to work, but now not so good. It apparently tells the brain to control the heart which causes adrenaline.

I am having a rough time at the moment with it, so I know how you feel.

Fitzy
13-11-16, 16:54
Thank you, sorry you are going through this too it's awful.

Bike Rider
13-11-16, 17:26
Deep controlled breathing can work, meditation also, but Propranolol will help.

Arron1
13-11-16, 17:59
Hi,

I get this frequently. Mine is due to the expectation of a panic attack which begins from my stomach. It causes a bloating feeling.

My advice would be to let it be. Once you ignore the feeling and allow it to happen then it'll slowly go. As mentioned, breathing and exercise helps a lot.

A

Fitzy
13-11-16, 18:27
Let it be, I like that :) think I get myself more worked up when I get it so need to try that and breathing through it

katyfitz
13-11-16, 20:00
Fitzy can I ask if it's abs if your whole body is gurgling. I wake up and feel so much gurgling going on in my abdomen and just really gassy. Does this sound similar

---------- Post added at 20:00 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

If it's as if that was meant to say