PDA

View Full Version : Have we muscles in the front of our neck?

BrokenGirl
14-11-16, 15:33
It just seems to be one thing after the other these days.
My latest fear is my neck is sore at the front, sort of on my throat on the left hand side. If I touch it I can really feel it. And it wasn't me poking at it that caused it to get sore in the first place. Do we have muscles going down the front of our neck/throat? I'm hoping maybe that's all it is. I won't even google what neck muscles we have for fear of finding something awful.
My GP is setting me up for counselling, which I know I badly need at this stage.
But if anyone can reassure me in the meantime about this it would be great.
Sorry if I seem to be a pain in the butt lately. My HA has no limits anymore :weep:

SLA
14-11-16, 15:36
Yes. Multiple muscles all over the neck. Side, back, front, you name it.

Dave_Lister
14-11-16, 17:54
It just seems to be one thing after the other these days.
My latest fear is my neck is sore at the front, sort of on my throat on the left hand side. If I touch it I can really feel it. And it wasn't me poking at it that caused it to get sore in the first place. Do we have muscles going down the front of our neck/throat? I'm hoping maybe that's all it is. I won't even google what neck muscles we have for fear of finding something awful.
My GP is setting me up for counselling, which I know I badly need at this stage.
But if anyone can reassure me in the meantime about this it would be great.
Sorry if I seem to be a pain in the butt lately. My HA has no limits anymore :weep:

The SCM muscle runs down the from on your neck on both sides. What seems to be the problem with them for you?

Do you happen to be in front of a computer all the time? I have this issue myself because I am always at a computer.

BrokenGirl
15-11-16, 09:36
Thanks for your replies.
I'm not sure though if it is the SCM muscle, i think that muscle might be a bit too far to the left. Where i feel the pain is just slightly off the centre to the left hand side. So it's still pretty much the front of my neck.
Is it possible to pull a muscle in that area? If there are muscles there.....

SLA
15-11-16, 11:29
Yes. Muscular pain can occur in any muscle.