PDA

View Full Version : Eye Test/Beta Blockers.

Scaredlady
14-11-16, 17:12
I had an eye test today (I used to wear glasses in school 15 years ago but I haven't as an adult) and the optician has referred me to my GP.

After examining my eyes (performing all of the tests etc) she said the blood vessels in my right eye were "squishy". I had no idea what she meant, so her explanation was "It could be a sign of high blood pressure".

I had my blood pressure checked (13 days ago) and it was normal, but since then I have been taking Propranolol for anxiety; I'm sure I read weeks ago that Propranolol is used to treat blood pressure issues therefore I'm wondering if there's a connection?

I don't want to Google because I am trying to break that very destructive habit, so I thought the safer option would be to ask on here as I don't really want to go see my GP unless it is absolutely necessary (although I know none of you are doctors), I'm just really looking advice.

ServerError
14-11-16, 17:54
This is best answered by somebody with medical knowledge. I understand you don't want to see your GP and it's great to see you're challenging your urge to Google. I think you'd be within your rights to go to your GP and say "my optician said this, what could it mean?".

I'm not saying this because I think you have anything to worry about. Normal blood pressure is a good sign. But your optician made a comment that you'd be within your rights to seek clarification on, in my opinion.

SLA
14-11-16, 18:00
Agree with ServerError on this one.

I take Propanalol often, and it does have a few mild side effects. This may just be one of them, but always best to get a follow-up with the Doctor.

Is "squishy" a medical term these days!? :D