PDA

View Full Version : Computer headaches/eye strain?

.Poppy.
14-11-16, 17:35
I've had sinus issues the past couple of weeks and am still "draining" I think, so to speak, so this may be a contributing factor. I saw a nurse practitioner who believed that it was.

Anyway, this is something I've had off and on but it usually only lasts a day or two and then all is back to normal. I've been dealing with it currently for over a week and a half.

Essentially what it is is that I am sensitive to light, but especially so to any kind of screen - like my phone screen or computer screen. If I spend more than five minutes with it I start to feel really crummy...it's not a headache really, but more of my eyes start to hurt and I get a bad taste in my mouth and just feel really bad.

Obviously since I work in an office this isn't ideal!

I'm currently weaning off of clonazepam and I'm pretty sure that's not the cause because obviously I've had this before I was on any meds at all, but still...it's hard not to worry. I don't even know that I'm specifically concerned about any particular illness, just that it won't ever go away and I'll be forever sensitive to computer screens like this which does not bode well considering I use the computer so much.

Anyone ever had this issue before?

skymaid
14-11-16, 18:04
ive worked in computers for 20 odd years and those symptoms sound very familiar.

I got them when I was over tired/stressed. I had many headaches from neck muscle tension too. but the sore eyes and crummy feeling was when I was mentally exhausted.

im not a dr though.

.Poppy.
14-11-16, 19:07
Yeah, the best way to describe the crummy feeling is that I almost feel carsick.

Any remedies? I do think my sinuses are playing a role because when I breathe out through my nose a certain way it intensifies it. But this is making me absolutely miserable.

skymaid
14-11-16, 19:10
I think its our bodies/minds way of telling us to stop doing it for a bit. not ideal when it's your job. you can try snd counteract it with sport and meditation.