PDA

View Full Version : Sensation when drinking water-ascities?

paranoid-viking
14-11-16, 17:49
Yes; it is not every day but once on a while I notice an irritaion in my stomach after drinking water, pure water. I am so afraid that this is a sign of ascities which may be a sign of x cancer. Or is it somethong more harmless. Help me please?

skymaid
14-11-16, 17:59
the most likely cause is oversensitisation to your esophagus due to anxiety.

obvious pop along to your dr if you're really worried or have other serious symptoms.

paranoid-viking
14-11-16, 18:00
I have been there multiple times allready this autumn but will drop in tomorrow.
Had ultrasound and they reasured me my pancreas is fine and that no other tests are nescesarry.
BTW - would an ultrasound detect ascities?

I really hope for Gods sake that you are right. Today I have been feeling nausesous; having pain around the ribs and just below the ribs and my tummy is very sensitive.

I slept very bad last night; had several panick attacks and could feel some; not pain; but sensation in my stomach that was quite disturbing and frihtening. Have had some anxiety the last week that is not related to any helath issue; could that have contributed to my ill-being?

Fishmanpa
14-11-16, 18:07
ascities?

Someone has been Googling! :winks:

Positive thoughts

skymaid
14-11-16, 18:08
sounds like youve had plenty of tests already.

anxiety makes your stomach generate more acid so it makes sense. ironicalky if you could stop worrying about it it would probably go away.

if only that were easy :) perhaps try something relaxing. meditation, bath, movie maybe. if that improves it then you have an answer.

paranoid-viking
14-11-16, 18:12
:hugs:
sounds like youve had plenty of tests already.

anxiety makes your stomach generate more acid so it makes sense. ironicalky if you could stop worrying about it it would probably go away.

if only that were easy :) perhaps try something relaxing. meditation, bath, movie maybe. if that improves it then you have an answer.

Stop worrying about it? Why have I not thought about that before? I am trying not to think about it but fear is not something I can just snap out of by clapping my hand. But try something relaxing I can try.

Thannx a lot for the advice though

skymaid
14-11-16, 18:15
I do believe I said "if only it were that easy"

I do suffer with anxiety too.

paranoid-viking
14-11-16, 18:16
We are all in the same boat:hugs:

Fishmanpa
14-11-16, 18:20
We are all in the same boat:hugs:

Royal Caribbean - SS Irrational Worry :D

Positive thoughts

paranoid-viking
14-11-16, 18:59
the most likely cause is oversensitisation to your esophagus due to anxiety.

obvious pop along to your dr if you're really worried or have other serious symptoms.

One more thing thoug. Are these anxiety sensations accompanied by nausea. Today I altso felt nauseous and had a lck of apetite. And I have a stabbing pain in my lower right rib. Left rib one hour ago. Damned; will this ever go away?

Fishmanpa
14-11-16, 19:01
One more thing thoug. Are these anxiety sensations accompanied by nausea. Today I altso felt nauseous (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Digestive_systemNausea) and had a lck of apetite (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Lack_of_appetite_or_taste_a_tinny_metalli c_or_ammonia_smell_or_taste). will this ever go away?

Yep and Yep... if you seek help for your anxiety.

Positive thoughts