mezzaninedoor
14-11-16, 20:50
Hope you get yourself sorted Dave

Betsy9
20-11-16, 20:44
What happened? Just exchange the box

Bigboyuk
27-11-16, 11:30
Hi After about a week and a bit Iam now back on line :) What a pain The company sent me a Kodi XDR 4K Android 5.1 Set top box very fast but and I say but it had a very old beta version of Chrome Browser installed and a preloaded Google Play Store App so signed in and tried to up date (some of my Apps) None were compatible with this new STB so called AEI who said they would take it home with them and download a new version of Google Play Store so I said fine and called them the next day and they were
very rude to me on the phone and they hadn't even looked at it as it was only a STB
and wasn't worth spending time on it and Don't call us again and your refund will happen in happen in 15 days time so I got angry back! Don't normaly but fed up with being talked to like I am a piece of dirt. So warn your friends don't not buy anything from AEI Security as they don't look after their customers. I have bought a Intel Compute Stick
that is on windows 8.1 and has 32 GB storage is really quick and its PC with out the HDD and would recommend buying one to use through a Tv screen via HDMI £94 is all it cost too :) Cheers

randomforeigner
27-11-16, 14:02
Well, anything having to do with the internet connection breaking down is painful. The other year I had my laptop on service for 5 weeks several times that year (multiple errors) and it all ended with purchasing a tablet too, using the phone in the place of a computer isn't ideal. Now I'm in the process of switching computers again and it is a pain, setting everything up, just remembering and deciding what software and files to bring over, I don't like to hoard a lot of files on it. It's not like you have someone knowledgeable to ask, either, but you have to figure it out step by step, all by yourself.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience calling customer service. In my experience, you most often don't get much help from these people.

Do you plug the Intel compute stick into your TV?

Bigboyuk
27-11-16, 16:39
Well, anything having to do with the internet connection breaking down is painful. The other year I had my laptop on service for 5 weeks several times that year (multiple errors) and it all ended with purchasing a tablet too, using the phone in the place of a computer isn't ideal. Now I'm in the process of switching computers again and it is a pain, setting everything up, just remembering and deciding what software and files to bring over, I don't like to hoard a lot of files on it. It's not like you have someone knowledgeable to ask, either, but you have to figure it out step by step, all by yourself.

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience calling customer service. In my experience, you most often don't get much help from these people.

Do you plug the Intel compute stick into your TV?Well in my case it wasn't a connection problem more of device problem I will never use Android devices again that's for sure :) Well m8 look no further this intel compute stick is ideal so easy to set up and it plugs straight in to a HDMI port on your tv too :) it's a fully working pc with out a HDD but does come with 32GB of storage expandable as well all for under £100 so I would look into this via overclockers.co.uk they were very helpful on the phone prior to purchasing the device which is on windows 8.1 and currently being supported for some years to come :) Hey that's ok I was fuming when AEI customer support was rude to me hey I can be rude back and I was theres no way I am being spoken to like that :) Cheers

randomforeigner
27-11-16, 17:28
I'm switching PC's and am right in the process of moving files for the first to the seconds. Then the not so fun problem of "cleansing" the old one (everybody knows you can't throw it in the bin as it stands) so I'm planning to formatting it but have (as yet) now idea of how to do it, or somehow disconnecting myself from it anyway. Last time (a few years ago) I put a Linux installation on the old one.

KatiePink
27-11-16, 17:47
Wow I dont understand anything on this thread :roflmao: