PDA

View Full Version : My mum has gone on holiday

RobinM
04-04-07, 18:39
Hi guys, I think this is in the right area.

Basically, my mum has gone away for the rest of the week, so I'm all alone at the moment, and having a bit of trouble dealing with it right now.

I suffer from emetophobia, which is worsened when I'm alone (not sure why), I tend to imagine that I'm going to be sick, even though there's nothing wrong with me :shrug:

Obviously with my mum being away and no-one else being around, I'm having to deal with the panic alone, which I'm finding difficult.

As I type, I'm shaking, that could be from lack of food, as I've not eaten very well (through thinking that I'm going to be sick :rolleyes: ), but I've had a lot of liquids, which have made me burpy (which I seem to do lots, as I drink when I think I'm going to be sick)

I've got some food in the oven at the moment, so hopefully that will help, but I thought I'd post on here to get it off my chest, as I've not spoken to anyone all day.

Also, if anyone can suggest something to cure the burps, that would be great, it's getting a little annoying now :laugh: .

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, not really had time to think it through :blush:

Cheers guys

Robin

Rach**81
04-04-07, 18:47
Hi Robin :flowers: :flowers:

i just wanted to say hello and that you are not alone, we are all here for each other and we understand

i also find it difficult to be on my own sometimes when i am paniky.... its good that you are cooking something to eat, that might help with the feelings of nausea etc

do you have anything like antacid or rennies? they help me sometimes

i hope you feel better soon.... maybe it would help to go into the chatroom, i do that also if i am feeling isolated and i find that it is helpful to have some company ..... take care, Rachel

RobinM
04-04-07, 19:04
Hi Rachel, thanks for the reply.

I do have some Rennies, I'll take a couple later if I'm not feeling better.

I've just eaten the food I cooked, don't feel any better now, but I've literally just finished it.

belle
04-04-07, 20:38
Hi there..
When i was A LOT younger and not troubled by all my current *issues* i did have emetophobia and like yourself whenever i was left alone when my mum went on holiday i would always think i would be sick when she went. I never was and after the first couple of days away, i'd settle down and be fine. I would suggest eating because otherwise than can infact make you feel sick, i would always make sure i ate something small - and non-meat just incase i poisoned myself...lol! I could cook, but didn't trust myself.

If you're feeling burpy, i would maybe have a mint or try ginger ale, thats always good at settling stomachs as is aqua libra (from supermarkets) it nutralises acid in the stomach - and it tastes lovely.

You'll be fine,

Sarah x

RobinM
04-04-07, 20:45
:laugh: Sounds just like me, I've been avoiding chicken incase I don't cook it right :rolleyes:

I'm feeling a bit better now, the food has definitely helped.

I'll try to get hold of some Aqua Libra tomorrow, thanks for the tip :)

Granny Primark
04-04-07, 21:03
Hi robin,
try peppermint cordial in water for getting rid of the burps.
And buy a ready cooked chicken from asda if you fancy chicken.
Theyre cheap and well cooked. It isnt worth the hassle of cooking a chicken.

Take care
LYNN xx

nomorepanic
04-04-07, 21:09
Try tonic water for the burping

You will be ok alone - try to think positively and the time will fly by.

groovygranny
04-04-07, 21:13
Hi Robin!

When GG has wind (which is quite often!:blush:) she swears by 1 teaspoon of good old-fashioned bi-carbonate of soda in half a small tumbler of fruit juice.

Drink it and within minutes you'll either belch like a wrestler or fart like a fog-horn !! :yesyes:

PS: You got lots of company here while your mum's away :)

RobinM
04-04-07, 21:23
I've just found some Peppermint Tea, so I'm trying that (not too keen though so far :laugh: )

Thanks for the other tips and advice, it's good to talk :)

franfhm
04-04-07, 22:26
Heya,

I suffer exactly the same - can't give you any advice on the burps (oh how my boyfriend wishes I could cure mine lol) but all I can say is keep eating, even if it is just toast. Its important that you eat, and eating healthily helps keep you well.

When I'm feeling bad I find soup is usually pretty good, even if I have to force myself to eat it. After the initial panic of eating it usually setlles down once I find something to occupy myself with (tonight it was the apprentice!).