PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE CALM ME DOWN- worried again (hard lymph node).

Mav
15-11-16, 12:11
I'm still so scared about this one hard lymph node in my armpit, it's tiny (there is only 1 that I found in the last 5 months, no change in size but it's still hard)

The Dr, GP, Breast Doc said it didn't look worrying when they felt it, also breast doc refused me a scan and I really wanted it :(. Blood work was okay back then (now I feel like it might change).

Now I feel like I'm getting a bit tingly and itchy in my legs and my anxieties have 100% shot up again, also my chest feels a bit stuffy and I have a dry tickley cough.

I can't help but feel I'm finally getting symptoms of lymphoma. :weep:

Please calm me down. I'm really upset.

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

It's not that tiny, in fact it feels like two on top of each other.

I am definitely booking a private ultrasound for it.

Fishmanpa
15-11-16, 12:53
Spend your hard earned money on reassurance that won't last if you want but a node that hasn't changed in 5 months and cleared by three medical professionals is nothing to be concerned with at all.

Positive thoughts

Mav
15-11-16, 13:01
Spend your hard earned money on reassurance that won't last if you want but a node that hasn't changed in 5 months and cleared by three medical professionals is nothing to be concerned with at all.

Positive thoughts

Maybe it's my brain and I'm jumping to conclusions but feeling it earlier it almost felt as though it was longer, or another node grew right underneath it. It almost feels like a little change in shape.

Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions. I've had a good cry over it today, I just feel like a scan, or any kind of answer is better than all this dread. I'm sick of worrying about this daily, I'm so sick of it.

Fishmanpa
15-11-16, 13:05
I'm sick of worrying about this daily, I'm so sick of it.

Why not spend the money you would spend on a test on therapy to help you with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Mav
15-11-16, 17:03
Why not spend the money you would spend on a test on therapy to help you with your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

I understand your point. I plan on going back to my GP and speaking up about the lump and the anxiety.

Hopefully I can receive a second opinion and some help.

Scaredlady
15-11-16, 19:04
Even if you can't accept the opinions of the three medical professionals that you've seen, surely you have to accept the results of your blood work?

I don't have a medical degree but I have always thought that if you had cancer (or a disease/infection of any type) your white blood cell count would be "up" which would indicate to your doctor that there was a problem and they would investigate further... Your bloods came back alright, didn't they?

Speak to your GP about anxiety treatment, it will help.