PDA

View Full Version : Travel far from family, anxiety, waiting time

momorales
15-11-16, 19:33
Hi, first of all i want you to excuse me, English is not my first language.

Five years ago, one month before i got married, i got an extreme anxiety disorder with suicidal thoughts, why because i never left home, i was to stuck with my mom. I never traveled alone, never went to summer camp or thing like that, i use to sleep with my parents even at 12 years old.
The doctors diagnose me with GAD, they gave me 112.5g of efexor xr, ativan (just in case i have panic attacks) and trazodone so i can sleep.

I got married, i really love my wife, its was really hard in the beginning, but after one year i got use to my new life, my wife became my everything (perhaps she replaced my mom) now we have a beautiful son. During this five years it was up and down but 75% it was always up. I never quit my medication, the last 6 month i started to take out 1 pill of the capsule of effexor ( so far i took out 3 pills) everything was ok i never felt any withdrawal effects.

Last month my brother called me, he work in another province and hes aware that we really need money (my mom told him), he told me that he got a work for me and that ill be winning 3 times more than what i win right now. its 2 weeks of work, 1 week of chilling. This offer is just amazing, i mean, i can pay my debts, i can even save to bring my family to Disney! (i live in Canada), But the fact that ill be far from my family, is just killing me. Also the work start in march and we are in November, so the waiting is literally killing me right now, when i tell myself that i wont go, i start felling better, but i know i have the obligation to go.

I told my wife that i feel a lot of pression because in my mind, i want to offer the best to my family, want to buy a house, want to travel, pay what we owe, she told me that we are fine, we have everything, we love each other. but i see her sister, brother and they have a lot of cash with houses etc...

Please tell me whats the best advice you guys can give me, im open to anything, i even was thinking to start studying a techincal diploma in construction or something like that so i can stay close to my family. right now im just mixed up, i dont know what to do, but i feel forced to go and the wait is killing me. I tried the panic away technique it help me but its not like im afraid to go outside and i decide to go outside, its more like i decided to go outside but in one month and during that month im just thinking of going outside and that wait is horrible........

Please help