PDA

View Full Version : Desperate due to Air hunger/ health anxiety, Please help

onbehalf
16-11-16, 01:29
I'm posting this on behalf of somebody else, but will relay anythign said to them
they have extreme consistant air hunger and it causes them great distress
they have spoken and done tests with doctor but doctor belives the causes is mental
its ruining their life and their relations with people
speaking to doctors is incredably difficult and isn't something they are prepared to do again since it sets off extreme health anxiety that they can't cope with, (to them, seeing a doctor must mean its sersious)

speaking to an online doctor doesn't set off the same anxeities, if anybody could recomend any that would advice and listen, that would be great
has anybody had similar exspirences with air hunger from mental causes?
any other advice generally?

Scaredlady
16-11-16, 03:11
I wish I could offer some advice but I honestly have no clue as to what "air hunger" is.

I hope your friend finds the support required, best of luck!

Beckybecks
16-11-16, 05:13
I think it must be an anxiety problem where one feels that you're not getting in enough air when you breath.

Breathing problems are common with anxiety. Your friend could try some of the breathing exercises suggested for people suffering from anxiety and panic attacks. They help to calm you down and you get a feeling of filling your lungs with air too.

Your friend really needs to address their anxiety issues though. CBT is good and if he/she finds it difficult to see a doctor, there are online courses available.

Also you could try this link http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/healthanxiety.htm

But remember that one must put in the effort and hard work needed to complete and continue with these exercises in order to reach recovery.

onbehalf
16-11-16, 20:46
Air hunger is where when your breathing you can satisfy a deep breath, like it feels like you need to breath in more but it doesn't help, isn't exclusive to anxeity but can be caused by it
in her case, she is often not anxious when she feels it, and breathing exercises wouldn't satisfy it
but when she she feels it, it can triggure health anxiety
i have passed on the link for her to look at