PDA

View Full Version : Hi there...

Lol52
16-11-16, 07:49
Hi Everyone,
Joined the group as find it difficult to find kindred spirits, even though I have fabulous family and friends.
I had a massive breakdown 2 months ago, it started with one humongous panic attack...that basically didn't go away for over 2 weeks, it would subside then rear up again , it came with the terrible anxiety and deep depression...felt like I was in hell. Thankfully I have a really good gp who saw me regularly those first weeks, which helped, I am on 20mg of citalopram which seem to be working and waiting for a cbt appt, which my gp said will help the most.
Any way sorry for rattling on, I still have good and bad days and at the moment terrible tiredness...but I also think going through the menopause contributes to that too.
Look forward to learning more from those that 'know'
Laura

venusbluejeans
16-11-16, 07:58
Hiya Lol52 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
16-11-16, 08:37
Hi Lol,

You've come to the right place.

We've all been through something similar, and there is a way out.

What triggered the panic attack?

Jason