PDA

View Full Version : Pain and blood in urine. Desperate please help!

jessieblue
16-11-16, 12:14
Hi there, I have posted before about cystitis symptoms and yesterday was hit again out of the blue. Last week I was sick with tonsilitis and had a weeks course of strong penicillin. Yesterday sudden onset of burning stinging especially as I finish the wee, constant need to go and urgency and today lower back pain. This is new for me and the symptoms definitely feel more like an infection.....or something. I mean they are for sure not just in my head this time. Previously I have had clear dipstick tests and last time I had this 2 months ago there were leukocytes on dipstick but no blood. Today leukocytes and blood showed and this has totally terrified me for the obvious reason. I have been given more antiobiotics which I really wanted to avoid and the sample is to be sent off. My mind has gone straight to cancer.....my uncle died of bladder cancer a few years ago so its something i fear. I have had urinary symptoms on and off for 10 years but was diagnosed with IC mainly because they didnt know what was wrong with me. My mental state is so fragile at the moment. I honestly am at my wits end and now this.....I really need some support. If anyone knows a good mental health support helpline or website, I just feel I am going to fall off the cliff anytime soon. I am 53 and have 0 quality of life after several health problems and lots of mental health problems. I am not getting better and I am scared for myself. Just reaching out for anyone had similar experiences and got better. Anyone who had bladder cancer and coped.....anyomne that can help. Thanks for reading.

nomorepanic
16-11-16, 12:59
It could be a UTI or kidney stones and nothing more serious though.

jessieblue
16-11-16, 13:41
Thanks Nicola, I know it could be.....its so hard though, my mind is working against me at the moment and I have tried so hard to change my thinking. I feel truly defeated in every way and not sure where to go for help. x

Magic
16-11-16, 14:15
I had the same thing, just came on in the middle of the night (not recently though)
It was very frightening, so I can understand your concern Jessie.
I had antibiotics, it happened again and the blood was clotting. it went away after having more tablets. I was sent to hospital for this procedure I have forgotten what it was called. They found nothing and told me, there and then it was just an infection, and I am pleased to say it has not happened again. Hope you feel better soon:hugs:

jessieblue
16-11-16, 17:23
Hi Magic and thank you. Im glad your infection went away. Did you have to have a camera into the bladder or a scan? Did you also have pain and burning urgency etc? I dont know why this scares me so much.

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Hi Magic and thank you. Im glad your infection went away. Did you have to have a camera into the bladder or a scan? Did you also have pain and burning urgency etc? I dont know why this scares me so much.