PDA

View Full Version : Hello my friends!

Dasani95
16-11-16, 17:09
Hi,

I joined this forum a day or two ago. I decide I better introduce myself.

I'll share my story.

About 8-10 weeks ago I almost choked on some steak. I didn't, but it felt like it got stuck in my throat. Ever since I've had bad anxiety especially around eating because I'm worried it's going to happen again.

I've had several medical tests to make sure nothing is wrong with my throat and I was told I have silent reflux. Who knows if it's really causing any problems.

As a result of all of this, my diet has changed and I am nervous to eat with people because I don't want to go into a panic attack while eating if I get that sensation of food being stuck again.

I hope we can work together to get over our anxiety and depression.

I look forward to chatting with you all!

venusbluejeans
16-11-16, 17:18
Hiya Dasani95 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

randomforeigner
16-11-16, 17:45
What a scary experience. What is "silent reflux"?

Dasani95
17-11-16, 19:48
What a scary experience. What is "silent reflux"?

It's similar to acid reflux but I don't get heartburn. It's where stomach acid can get into your throat and voice box which is much more sensitive than the esophagus.