PDA

View Full Version : Cat bit nose really hard. Scared of infection.

gatsby12
16-11-16, 23:01
I was playing around with my cat when he got a little too oversensitized and snapped at my nose and bit it really hard. It looks like he is sorry and is sitting on my lap but I am both a little pissed and really worried that I am gonna get an infection inside my nose. Does this have any basis?

Scaredlady
16-11-16, 23:43
Stop!

You will be absolutely fine, no harm will come to you because your cat snapped at your nose; If that was the case I would have been dead years ago with cats, dogs and budgies biting, chewing and licking my face!

gatsby12
16-11-16, 23:58
Stop!

You will be absolutely fine, no harm will come to you because your cat snapped at your nose; If that was the case I would have been dead years ago with cats, dogs and budgies biting, chewing and licking my face!

Good point. I am fretting over absolutely nothing. Still hurts and I want to sneeze. :blush:

Dfw
24-11-16, 02:31
Yes, I agree. We have 5 cats, I even had one actually bite through my nose. She was playing, no harm intended. Many many many bites and scratches, nothing. I do put alcohol on it for a day or so though to help with any possible germs.

You will be just fine. Enjoy Kitty��

MyNameIsTerry
24-11-16, 05:06
Any break in skin causing bleeding can become infection. It's quite normal to get infections but don't let your anxiety lead you towards the obvious scary things that are rare when I bet most people with a cat have been nipped before.

I've been nipped trying to stroke a few strange pussys on my walks a few times... but I've never even become President-Elect after it! :winks::roflmao:

SLA
24-11-16, 09:05
It looks like he is sorry

This proves you are not correctly processing reality! Cats are never sorry.

I've been bitten loads. Nothing wrong with me. :scared15:

KeeKee
24-11-16, 10:21
Our cat bit my partner once while he was moving her into another room for the builders. It became infected and he couldn't move that arm. However, antibiotics (and a tetanus just to be safe) cleared it right up. So even if it did become infected it doesn't mean it will cause severe harm.

SLA
24-11-16, 10:36
:doh:

MyNameIsTerry
24-11-16, 12:11
Our cat bit my partner once while he was moving her into another room for the builders. It became infected and he couldn't move that arm. However, antibiotics (and a tetanus just to be safe) cleared it right up. So even if it did become infected it doesn't mean it will cause severe harm.

Can you train your cat to give him a nip when he needs a kick up the bum for being inconsiderate towards you? :yesyes:

KeeKee
24-11-16, 12:15
Can you train your cat to give him a nip when he needs a kick up the bum for being inconsiderate towards you? :yesyes:

Terry that would be amazing :roflmao: