PDA

View Full Version : Question about Raynaud's

thebluerecluse
17-11-16, 08:42
Hello,

Got diagnosed with Raynaud's today after waking up to find my fingers paler than the palms of my hands.

Now I'm freaked out about having Lupus or Scleroderma, especially since I have a lot of anxiety symptoms and they can mirror each other.

Is Raynaud's by itself a much more likely scenario? Seems to have been triggered by stress more than cold.

teawithsugar
17-11-16, 10:16
i think its by itself, i have raynaulds, no other issues. had it since i was a little one... not bothered me much, dont affect me and i dont take meds!x

SLA
17-11-16, 11:10
My ex has Raynaulds, with no other issues. (Apart from a bordeline personality disorder. :huh:)

I used to call it Burt Raynaulds.

Thats all i've got...

pulisa
17-11-16, 12:50
I have simple Raynaud's too, no other associated conditions. I don't take any meds for it, just wear thick gloves and thermal socks

thebluerecluse
18-11-16, 08:17
Thanks for the replies guys, got my blood tests back and ANAs and rheumatoid factor were all clear. Guess I didn't realise how common and harmless it was, so was just assuming the worst as usual.

spacebunnyx
18-11-16, 13:37
I have raynauds and other autoimmune conditions as well. I won't say what.. but it's not the ones you are worried about. However, I test positive for ANA and my symptoms of autoimmunity are obvious.