PDA

View Full Version : holding it together

teawithsugar
17-11-16, 13:13
anyone ever try and hold it together on the outside, so that family/friends dont know your suffering, but inside your having a really really hard time.

i dont want them to worry, my mums suffers with health anxiety and i dont want her to be anxious about me aswell so i bottle it, my partner doesnt understand it, he thinks saying "your fine" helps.

its a lonly ol' place to be in :(

rainbow
17-11-16, 13:38
This is me right now!! My partner says the same, "your fine" doesn't help me at all. It's physically and emotionally draining to live like this every day, putting on a smile when you feel like you're falling apart inside. I sympathise with you totally. x

Scaredlady
17-11-16, 14:42
I know what you mean, I have kept my battle with anxiety to myself and that makes life seem incredibly lonely because I'm not able to talk to family/friends about it.

teawithsugar
17-11-16, 14:50
rainbow & scaredlady

its horrible isnt it!

sometimes i think actually having a disease would be easier than this mental battle, if either of you want a chat then drop me a message :)
x

pulisa
17-11-16, 18:16
I try to do this all the time as I'm a carer and my daughter needs a calm mum who keeps things running smoothly with no surprises and definitely no meltdowns. It's bloody hard holding it together.

Fuzzyhead
17-11-16, 18:53
Me too! It's awful, my Hubby has the habit of saying your fine as well & inside I'm struggling! Xx