PDA

View Full Version : Minor blood in stool one year after colonoscopy

nicole97
17-11-16, 18:59
Two days ago, there blood when I wiped. Looked in the toilet and there was what looked like a couple of drops that had dripped also. My stool is loose, but it has been for 4+ years since I went on Metformin, so I know that's not the issue. I don't feel like I have any hemorrhoids or anything like that. There isn't any pain. I did have a colonoscopy last August (2015) and it was clean, no polyps and the couple of samples they took as precaution came back fine. My head knows this is probably nothing to worry about, especially having had a colonoscopy only a year ago, but I'm still freaking out about it. I have an appt with my gastro on Monday (cause they say ANY amount of blood from that area should be checked just to be safe), but I'm really scared in the mean time.

orthagonal
17-11-16, 20:18
You're already going to the doc, good job, but bright red blood on the paper with no pain is pretty much textbook internal hemorrhoids. With a clean colonoscopy just a year ago, I wouldn't worry.

Capercrohnj
17-11-16, 20:59
It definitely sounds like hemorrhoids.

nicole97
17-11-16, 22:49
Thank you both very much! That's what I'm hoping for! It's just concerning me quite a bit and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. Darn HA. Only something like HA could make you wish you had hemorrhoids!