PDA

View Full Version : Severe pelvic pain - really worried

newmama
17-11-16, 21:32
I have been suffering with strong pelvic pain and pressure for three weeks. I am also getting some pain in low back. It is a dull ache with a kind of dragging feeling - a bit like the pain I get with my periods. The pain seems to be worse when I am sitting - being in the car for any length of time is agony. The pain is not too bad in the morning - lying down seems to alleviate it somewhat - but it is much worse as the day goes on and by the evening I am having to take painkillers. I am so scared that this is something serious - ovarian or cervical cancer that has spread. Does anyone have experience of similar symptoms? Did you find out what was causing them? Really feeling desperate - waking up feeling sick and anxious in the early hours and unable to go back to sleep. Please help...

toria
17-11-16, 22:28
Hi I have something very similar at the minute pelvic pain on right but like you said it's very low as low as it goes really but like a sharpish dragging that I get it have had pain on right side for long time In various places and I have IBS so not sure if it's to do with that I am due my period in next couple of days as well I am very scared that it's something serious I am very anxious and panicky,have you tried a hit water bottle on it I find it helpful a bit but find it gets worse when I worry and have like flashes of panic .

EKB
17-11-16, 22:42
My pain isn't severe, but seems to follow a similar pattern. I've been reading a lot about muscle pain and have read that tense pelvic floor muscles can cause a surprising amount of pain. Since my pain is intermittent and not severe I'm trying some relaxation techniques. But if you're in agony it might be worth bringing up with your GP or gyno.

It seems to be one of those viscous cycle things. Anxiety causes pelvic floor tension, which then causes more anxiety which then...

Good luck!

newmama
18-11-16, 16:49
I'm really hoping it's just muscle tension. Strange that the pain is often not even noticeable in the morning but then gets worse and worse until it's unbearable in the late afternoon and evening - it is also very much related to what position I'm in (ie. lying down seems to alleviate it almost entirely). I'm trying to reassure myself that if it were something serious the pain would not come and go like this?? Does anyone know whether fibroids / endo behaves like this? Or are they only painful during period?

EKB
18-11-16, 20:04
I don't know about fibroids or endometriosis, but I do know that unless you are laying down your pelvic muscles are constantly at work. So it makes sense that as you use those muscles through the day, they are going to become painful.

I read that deep breathing and laying down for 20-30 minutes per day is supposed to help. I've been laying down to meditate and it helps a bit. Warm baths are supposed to help too.

Yesterday mine was way worse than it's been - but I was also stressed out the day before and emotional stress is a factor. This morning I woke up and I was pretty okay. I'm stiffening up again though after a few longer walks and driving.

I'm actually going to the GP in a few weeks to discuss. Honestly, if you're in agony it might be worth you going to yours. I have read there is physiotherapy for pelvic muscle tension. And really, why keep suffering if there's something you can do? Just because it's probably not something serious, and just because anxiety is probably a factor, doesn't mean it isn't interfering with your daily life and well-being.

newmama
19-11-16, 15:29
Thanks EKB - that's really helpful and makes sense. It certainly seems that the more I stress about it the worse it gets. I'm going to try some meditation too and lying down. It seems a little bit better today so I am hopeful. I'll find out on Monday (Gynae appointment) whether there's anything else going on down there, but for now I am going to try to put it down to pelvic muscle pain. I have a lot of tightness around my glutes and hips too which probably isn't helping. Hope your pain starts to ease up soon.