PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound Guided Breast Core Biopsy, anyone?

Leslie735
18-11-16, 02:08
Experiences? I'm terrified! I have one scheduled for Monday afternoon. :weep:

nikkinik
19-11-16, 05:34
I've had one and it was nothing tbh, obv I was terrified (for a number of reasons) but the procedure itself was nowhere near as bad as I'd feared.. I didn't google it beforehand, I tried as best I could to put it to the back of my mind because thinking about having the biopsy was even more stress on top.. when I was in the examination room and she said "I'm going to take a biopsy now" I just just remember laying there thinking 'what, you're going to do this here, now.." Whether I'd expected to be carted off and put under I don't know! I expected it to be extremely painful but for me it wasn't, I barely felt anything. I was left with a little incision with a plaster over it, no stitches or anything, the results were back pretty quickly too. I drove myself there and back, went alone etc.. I hope all goes well for you, try and take someone with you for support if you need it, it may make it easier for you?

I shed plenty of tears and some sleepless nights in the run up, so my thoughts are with you if you're scared like I was, try not to worry though (perhaps easier said than done) xx

Leslie735
22-11-16, 12:58
Thank you for the encouragement. I really appreciate it!! I had the biopsy done yesterday, it was just like you said, not as bad as I imagined it being. It wasn't completely painfree but pretty close. I'm sore today and swollen but nothing I can't deal with. Now just waiting for the results. Nurse said I should have them by Wednesday. I'm so nervous and scared! :( Praying a lot! :weep:

Leslie735
01-12-16, 16:26
Benign results!! :)

Mikiuslorenzo
06-12-16, 15:44
Fantastic news :yesyes: