PDA

View Full Version : Back from docs and terrified of what nurse found

CeeCeeCee
18-11-16, 13:10
I've been for a smear test and told the nurse about my HA and that I was scared. She was brilliant and reassured me. I told her I thought I might have a water infection and she did a urine test. I thought she'd just say there and then that it was an infection but she said there was a little bit of blood and protein in my urine so she'd send it away, she said she wanted to put my mind at rest.

I am now terrified they find something bad, what is protein in the urine, and blood? It sounds bad and I have no idea what it could be with. Has anyone had this before and the outcome was fine? Please help, I know no one is a doctor but if you've had similar experiences it really would help to know. Sorry but I am in despair ��

Fishmanpa
18-11-16, 13:17
My wife has this going on as of this morning. She complained of burning and there was a little bit of blood in her urine. This has happened several times in the last couple of months during her illness. It's an infection and I'll bet my bottom dollar on it. Fortunately, I had a bottle of antibiotics from earlier so I put her on them. If it's no better by tomorrow, we'll go to urgent care but again, in your case as with my wife? An infection. Nothing a round of meds won't cure.

Positive thoughts

CeeCeeCee
18-11-16, 13:31
My wife has this going on as of this morning. She complained of burning and there was a little bit of blood in her urine. This has happened several times in the last couple of months during her illness. It's an infection and I'll bet my bottom dollar on it. Fortunately, I had a bottle of antibiotics from earlier so I put her on them. If it's no better by tomorrow, we'll go to urgent care but again, in your case as with my wife? An infection. Nothing a round of meds won't cure.

Positive thoughts

Thank you so much Fishman, I thought that it must have to be something else other than an infection, i don't know anything about protein or blood in urine and I'm certainly not going to Google it. So are you saying that those are sometimes symptoms of an infection? If so that's fine as I've had it before and it's treatable. Last time they didn't mention protein or blood so I'm ignorant about it, so pleased to hear it could still just be that. I do hope your wife is ok.

spacebunnyx
18-11-16, 13:35
I'm pregnant and have to do urine tests all the time. I've had several come back with blood/protein/white blood cells. Never was it an infection or anything bad. It's often contamination from the vag... or just slight irritation. Do not worry!!!

CeeCeeCee
18-11-16, 14:03
I'm pregnant and have to do urine tests all the time. I've had several come back with blood/protein/white blood cells. Never was it an infection or anything bad. It's often contamination from the vag... or just slight irritation. Do not worry!!!

Thank you, so it could be hormonal? Did they give you any advice what to do? I'm thinking of trying yogurt, maybe cranberry?

spacebunnyx
18-11-16, 16:51
Not even hormonal... just something that comes up regularly in tests - pregnant or not. They do cultures to make sure it's not an infection... but most times it isn't. Those strip test will pick up even a teeny trace amount of blood... you can get a teeny, virtually invisible cut, could be contamination from when you've had a period etc etc. It's happened to lots of ladies I known. Not a big deal unless you have signs of infection or the culture comes back positive. V common. Xxx

---------- Post added at 16:51 ---------- Previous post was at 16:50 ----------

They don't even recommend anything for it.. just one of those things. Xxx

nomorepanic
18-11-16, 17:04
I get this too and it has never been anything serious.

It is quite common apparently.

CeeCeeCee
18-11-16, 21:46
Thank you both. I had just had a smear test so could well have been a small amount of blood, feels like just a water infection as weeing all the time �� I can easily cope with that as it can be treated ��