PDA

View Full Version : chiken pox

jodie
05-04-07, 09:53
hi

i just wanted to know if any of you have had chiken pox as an adult my little girl has it now and i have never had it
i am feeling very scared as people are saying it is nasty to have when we are older !!
i have a bad head today and just feel so weak and funny :weep:
oh and can you let me know is it normal for my little girl to get in her eyes ect.

thanks jodie xx

jo61
05-04-07, 10:22
My little girl got them when she was 2 and had them absolutely everywhere, and I mean everywhere. I think they can be worse in adults but don't assume you'll get them, you may not. Don't worry about it until you have to.

jodie
05-04-07, 21:51
jo thank you for replying

i still feel pritty ill tonight and my little girl is more spotty and itchy poor kid
i still feel scared incase i get it but like you say stress about that if or when it happens
thanks agane hun

jo xx

debera
07-04-07, 13:30
:hugs: HI JODIE
CHICKEN POX CAN SPREAD ALL OVER THE PLACE. SO DONT WORRY HUN. ALSO YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN GET THEM YOURSELF. JUST TAKE EACH DAY AS IT COMES.I HAVE HAD AN UNCLE WHO HAD CHICKEN POX AND HE WAS OK. NOT EVERY ADULT GETS REALLY ILL WITH THEM
LOVE DEBERA:bighug:

jodie
07-04-07, 20:44
awwww deb

you are so sweet but you know how i stress over things .
mabe your right i wont get it.i have everthing crossed hehe in hopes i wont .

jodie xx

Piglet
07-04-07, 23:01
Jodie all three of mine had it when they were little - one after another over about 9 weeks!!

In someways though mate it helps to build up their antibodies for the future.

Also it's not a forgone conclusion that you will get it either if you've managed to get this far in life without picking it up!

Love Piglet :flowers:

jodie
08-04-07, 20:15
thanks piglet

my little one i sgetting better a bit now only thing is she has a spot on the ball of her eye so it is a bit itchy for her but she had lunch today and played in the garden for a bit
i do hope i dont get it as every one says it isent good at my age but hey nothing i can do aboout it :shrug:

thanks agane

jodie:flowers:

nomorepanic
08-04-07, 21:23
Jodie

Hopefully you won't catch it so try not to worry.

When we were kids our mum made us catch it so we had at least once in our lives. Guess this isn't the thing to do now lol.

cattttt
09-04-07, 06:24
Hi Jodie, I had chicken pox when I was 34, it was really mild, high temp for 1 day, then the spots, just a few, not more than a dozen, the worst one was inside my mouth, but that one didn't itch. The ones in my hair itched like crazy though. So it's not necessarily bad if you get it as an adult. My son, who was 3 at the time, caught it off me and had it even milder.

Reemy
09-04-07, 07:06
Everyone says it's rough as an adult, but every adult I've known has gotten through it just fine. My friend was in his 50s, and he made it through with only itching complaints. Plus if you've gone this long without it, there's a good chance that your immune system is taking care of you.

Take care and try not to work yourself up about it.