PDA

View Full Version : can I have an opinion please?

duke27
19-11-16, 15:39
I am a 22 year old female and I had my baby 8 months ago. I just wondered if this sounds stress/anxiety related?

My symptoms are:
- DizziNess and spells of severe vertigo
- Constant lightheaded low bp feeling
- funny leg and arm sensations
- extreme fatigue
- eye falters, sensitivity to light and regular blinking
- Head twitching
- occasional nausea
- soft stools and a lot of stomach acid
- huge amount of weight loss in a small time period (eating normally)
- Constant swollen glands and lump on bone behind right ear
- swollen right side of throat (no pain)
- really bad reaction to sickness bug (fainted, couldn't walk, severe fatigue for days after) or is this normal?
- brain fog snd unable to speak mid conversation and very forgetful
- funny burning scalp numbness sensations
- lots of neck tension and jaw tension

So these symptoms are really scaring me. I'm so convinced ive got a brain tumour or ms or something so scary. I am still breastfeeding my baby and am going through quite a hard time. My partner of 4 years has been stopping me from seeing family and talking to them and causing quite a lot of grief for me. (Please don't say just leave because it's not as easy as tjat). What II'm trying to figure out is, could these symptoms be down to the fact I've has a baby? I'm still breastfeeding? The stress from my partner? Or a medical condition which I am progressively dying from? Or anxiety?

These symptoms came on about 4-5 months post giving birth and the dizziness just happens out of the blue. It se3ms to be getting a lot worse too however some days it slightly improves although it's still always there.

Many thanks in advance for your comments. Very scared.

ServerError
19-11-16, 15:56
Absolutely everything there suggests a combination of anxiety and biological response to having had a baby. Obviously nobody can tell you what it is on here, but it certainly sounds like your body responding to all sorts of stress.

I would consider going to your doctor to talk it through. Not because I think there's anything wrong, but because he/she will be able to advise you on how to get on top of this.

duke27
19-11-16, 16:04
I've been to my doctor and they just say its anxiety and don't bother to do any tests or suggest anything really. I had blood tests about 4 months ago which were fine but nothing else been tested x

ServerError
19-11-16, 16:26
If your doctor isn't worried and your blood tests are fine, there's no need to worry. They know what they're seeing. You can safely assume anxiety. It's a shame your doctor didn't say more about anxiety as it's a condition in itself that should be treated. You could have been referred for therapy, although the waiting time can be long. Ultimately, getting control of your anxiety will begin to eliminate the physical symptoms.

Also, about your partner - I'll respect your wishes and not tell you to leave, but it's blindingly obvious that something needs to change there in order for you to begin to heal. You can argue against that, but your situation is bound to negatively impact your mental health.

KeeKee
19-11-16, 19:02
Duke all of your symptoms sound just like the ones lots of people on here also get. It's anxiety, could also be stress as you have quite stressful circumstances at the moment. Why not go back to the doctors and mention you are struggling, they should refer you to therapy or give you advice on how you can refer yourself. Things won't get better on their own and sometime even just having someone to moan to can make a big difference.

I know what you mean in that it isn't easy just leaving somebody. My relatives have told me to leave my partner, but it's not as easy as that. He is the only thing I really have. My situation is different to yours, there's no controlling issues going on etc, but my partner doesn't lift a finger around the house, doesn't help discipline our child and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to function each day. I don't even hoover as much as I should. Probably once or twice a week. It's very hard and although we have different situations (my child is 9, so not fully dependant on me like yours) I know how tormenting it can be and no doubt how stuck you are feeling. The physical symptoms must be so hard to deal with, but anxiety and the likes are so common, especially after big life events such as having a baby.

Indiaav
20-11-16, 00:44
I think you should see another doctor as you are obviously going through bodily changes after giving birth (hormone changes) and you are showing all the classical symptoms of anxiety and you need support through this. I wish you all the luck in the World

nomorepanic
20-11-16, 17:32
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Noivous
20-11-16, 19:33
I am a 22 year old female and I had my baby 8 months ago. I just wondered if this sounds stress/anxiety related?

My symptoms are:
- DizziNess and spells of severe vertigo
- Constant lightheaded low bp feeling
- funny leg and arm sensations
- extreme fatigue
- eye falters, sensitivity to light and regular blinking
- Head twitching
- occasional nausea
- soft stools and a lot of stomach acid
- huge amount of weight loss in a small time period (eating normally)
- Constant swollen glands and lump on bone behind right ear
- swollen right side of throat (no pain)
- really bad reaction to sickness bug (fainted, couldn't walk, severe fatigue for days after) or is this normal?
- brain fog snd unable to speak mid conversation and very forgetful
- funny burning scalp numbness sensations
- lots of neck tension and jaw tension

So these symptoms are really scaring me. I'm so convinced ive got a brain tumour or ms or something so scary. I am still breastfeeding my baby and am going through quite a hard time. My partner of 4 years has been stopping me from seeing family and talking to them and causing quite a lot of grief for me. (Please don't say just leave because it's not as easy as tjat). What II'm trying to figure out is, could these symptoms be down to the fact I've has a baby? I'm still breastfeeding? The stress from my partner? Or a medical condition which I am progressively dying from? Or anxiety?

These symptoms came on about 4-5 months post giving birth and the dizziness just happens out of the blue. It se3ms to be getting a lot worse too however some days it slightly improves although it's still always there.

Many thanks in advance for your comments. Very scared.

Yes! Absolutely! Everything on your list are very common with anxiety/stress. Being a new parent can be very stressful even if you don't consciously notice the stress. But go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. And avoid meds if you can.

N.