PDA

View Full Version : Summer

Children_of_God
05-04-07, 12:10
Right.
My anxiety and agoraphobia came on last may, and as it was getting towards summer it was getting really hot. that summer was sheer hell. I felt soooo unreal and hard to breathe all the time, and really thought I was gonna die. It was so hot and the air was dry and it felt so often like I couldn't breathe.
I spent a month in bed only leaving to go to the toilet 'cos I felt so bad.

As it's getting towards summer again now (and it's really hot out today) I've started feeling worse again, I feel like quite bad. and I'm really scared that it's gonna get like it was last summer, which I really don't think I could deal with.
Is this likely?
do you guys feel worse when it's hotter??
thanks, lol.
= )
xxx.

honeybee
05-04-07, 12:29
Right.
My anxiety and agoraphobia came on last may, and as it was getting towards summer it was getting really hot. that summer was sheer hell. I felt soooo unreal and hard to breathe all the time, and really thought I was gonna die. It was so hot and the air was dry and it felt so often like I couldn't breathe.
I spent a month in bed only leaving to go to the toilet 'cos I felt so bad.

As it's getting towards summer again now (and it's really hot out today) I've started feeling worse again, I feel like quite bad. and I'm really scared that it's gonna get like it was last summer, which I really don't think I could deal with.
Is this likely?
do you guys feel worse when it's hotter??
thanks, lol.
= )
xxx.

hiya, like you i get worse in the summer cos i hate being really hot and my attacks started when i was abroad and it was really hot.

i think rather than the fact its hot its our thoughts about it being hot that makes us anxious.

someone posted a thread about a free cognative behavioural 12 week course online, you shoud check it out... i've started, it looks quite good.

i think the thing to do is try and keep track of your thoughts about it being hot and try and challenge them. remind yourself that you got through it last year and you can get through it this year, maybe buy youself a table fan for when you're at home, i got one last year for about a tenner.

my fella's dad bought me a ticket to the big chill festival this yaer on 3-4-5 august and im really scared its gonna be boiling cos i'll be in a tent and i know i wont be able to get away from the heat and i've had sun stroke before so its a bit scary. but when i do start freaking out about it i tell my self to stop worrying about the future and to think of the here and now instead.

jodie
05-04-07, 12:35
hi

like you i hate the suummer my ectopics and pa,s get so bad i wont go away for the day wont go on holiday ect
the heat makes me fel so bad :mad:
it is warm today were i am and yes i am feeling more panicy and thinking it is going to be like this for some time yet .

jodie xx