PDA

View Full Version : ALS fear. Was feeling good aswell!

Ljthompson10
20-11-16, 19:15
Hi again everyone.

I have had my best few days I've had in a while on Thursday and Friday. And felt great. However on Saturday and Sunday (when is not busy, shock) I have felt bad again. Felt out of it, dazy. Focusing too much out of eyes etc just feel like a different person.

I have also noticed that my left had is a lot thinner (I am right handed) firstly the fatty bit on my palm is thinner and is no way near as muscly. Like extra skin. And on my pinky side down my hand my skin is more shrivelled and it feels like there is no muscle there.

And all of a ssuddeen. Bam. ALS fears again and i notice dents on my left arm that I don't have on my right etc. Self checking all the time.

I thought I had gotten over this - and had a great therapy session on Friday where I booked CBT session in.

Could people please give me some reassurance.

Is everyone's weaker hand a fair bit less muscally ?

Thanks again for all your support.

Phuzella
20-11-16, 19:18
Yes the weaker hand is bound to be less muscley :)

SLA
20-11-16, 19:26
Stop worrying now.

Ljthompson10
20-11-16, 19:33
Stop worrying now.

Aha sorry. That was very blunt. What do you mean mate ahahah ;)

Fishmanpa
20-11-16, 20:03
Aha sorry. That was very blunt. What do you mean mate ahahah ;)

He means there's absolutely no basis at all for your worry and he's absolutely right.

Positive thoughts

Ljthompson10
20-11-16, 20:52
He means there's absolutely no basis at all for your worry and he's absolutely right.

Positive thoughts

Thankyou mate means a lot

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:05 ----------

Just out of curiosity. How would I know the difference between a less muscally hand and muscle atrophy/ALS

I have realised I'm very skinny in general and my feet are similar to my hands.

SLA
20-11-16, 21:00
Looking for more reasons to try and fuel your fear of ALS?

ServerError
20-11-16, 21:21
A disease like ALS will let you know you have it regardless of whether you "know the difference".

You don't have it. You're falling into a trap many with health anxiety do - you're attaching a catastrophic meaning to your body's perfectly normal and natural lack of symmetry.

Captain irrational
20-11-16, 23:22
Just out of curiosity. How would I know the difference between a less muscally hand and muscle atrophy/ALS

I'm not going to tell you that, as SLA said, it would just be more fuel for the fire.

I will tell you this however, I actually have an extended family member who has a muscular degenerative disease, that shares many characteristics with ALS (though mercifully far less serious overall). She first realised something was wrong when one moment her leg was a normal, functioning leg, and the next moment it wasn't and hasn't been ever since. That is how unsubtle these kind of diseases tend to be, they make themselves known very quickly.