PDA

View Full Version : I really need some help - please!

BrokenGirl
21-11-16, 09:30
I'm not coping at all at the moment, have convinced myself yet again that I have cancer, and I just don't know what to do any more.
I currently have 2 things worrying me : I'm going for a biopsy on a mole on Wednesday, which is scaring me to death, but at least I'll know one way or the other in a few weeks. The other thing is a sore point in my chest. Just to the left of my chestbone if I press it just a little bit it gets very sore. I think I noticed this a few months ago but I somehow managed to put it to the back of my mind. I know I didn't bang myself in that area and I can't help but jump to the worst case scenario.
I'm not looking for a diagnosis (I know I can't get one here) but is there anyone with a bit of rational thinking could tell me another possible cause for this. It's starting to make me ill with worry now.
I'm starting counselling this Friday, but all I keep saying to myself is that the counselling won't get rid of this pain for me.
Could really do with some advice here, please!

Stena
21-11-16, 11:43
Hi,

Poor you, you have a lot going on at the moment. You know HA gives us lots of symptoms, many of which disappear when we are no longer in the throes of the beast. That area on our chest is very sensitive and most things will hurt if we press on them, especially when our bodies are so sensitive to changes, pains etc., when we are in the middle of a really bad HA period.

I am going through a problem with one of my breasts and it feels painful to touch etc,. Late Saturday night I decided not to focus on it and to limit my checking habits. Believe me, it was difficult but I only checked 4 times yesterday as opposed to 4 times an hour and I wasn't aware of any pain, tenderness at all. It was great.

I know you will worry about the biopsy, but take the time to do something for yourself to get you through it. Try not touching it and see what happens. If you are not sure, then go to your GP.

Take care
x

anx mum
28-03-17, 18:41
I'm not coping at all at the moment, have convinced myself yet again that I have cancer, and I just don't know what to do any more.
I currently have 2 things worrying me : I'm going for a biopsy on a mole on Wednesday, which is scaring me to death, but at least I'll know one way or the other in a few weeks. The other thing is a sore point in my chest. Just to the left of my chestbone if I press it just a little bit it gets very sore. I think I noticed this a few months ago but I somehow managed to put it to the back of my mind. I know I didn't bang myself in that area and I can't help but jump to the worst case scenario.
I'm not looking for a diagnosis (I know I can't get one here) but is there anyone with a bit of rational thinking could tell me another possible cause for this. It's starting to make me ill with worry now.
I'm starting counselling this Friday, but all I keep saying to myself is that the counselling won't get rid of this pain for me.
Could really do with some advice here, please!

I have the same chest hurts when I press on breast bone been told many things alex reflux inflammation on bone of course I'm worried something is going on scared

BrokenGirl
28-03-17, 22:30
I have the same chest hurts when I press on breast bone been told many things alex reflux inflammation on bone of course I'm worried something is going on scared

I'm really sorry that you're having this pain as well. It really could be one of a million things, most of which are completely harmless.
Mine went away. It took a while to do so, but it eventually went away. And I still don't know what caused it. Which just shows that there doesn't have to be a straightforward explanation for every ache and pain we have!!
Is yours sore all the time or just when you touch it?