PDA

View Full Version : Go or not to go.

zippy
21-11-16, 11:19
I don't want to go rushing to the drs but i keep thinking what if i don't this time and it is something bad. I don't know if it's linked but i had campylobator food poisoning a couple of months ago (no vomiting but awful diarrhea) i had to have a week of antibiotics and the toilet symptoms got better. Ever since i have had an upper left back ache that hasn't gone away just some days it's worse than others . It can sometimes feel in the front at the same height. I had my bloods done when i had the food poisoning and my liver function test was high so i had to get it redone and then it was ok again so they said it must have been high with the food poisoning. I saw an osteopath last week and she said my left side felt stiff and locked and tried to release it. Since then the pain is still there in my back and now my left arm is sore every day. I keep thinking it's my boob, lung, heart etc. I know if i go to the Drs all the tests will start again and it will be more worry and stress but then i am thinking if it is something bad it needs sorted. Sick of always thinking everything is c but i know if these pains don't go i will not settle until i go to the drs. I have tried ibruprofen, tiger balm, paracetamol and nothing eases the pain. Any advice please?

Gary A
21-11-16, 11:54
Sounds like a muscular problem to me. I don't necessarily agree that all the testing will start again. You'll most probably be examined physically, told to take some pain medication and maybe see a physiotherapist.

zippy
22-11-16, 17:17
This back pain is worrying me because it's in the same place. It just isn't easing at all with heat/ice packs or painkillers. It hurts all down my left too if i twist my torso. Some days it feels like it's burning other days it's gnawing like toothache. I am worried it's an organ but the only thing that's reassuring me is the osteopath could feel all my left was tight and if i stretch it hurts and i am thinking if it was an organ it wouldn't. Hate HA.

swajj
23-11-16, 12:18
It sounds muscular to me too. I've had it. I think it lasted 3 weeks. I was sure it was cancer. You are always tense so your muscles are always tensed. Tensed muscles cause pain. Focusing on the pain caused by the tense muscles results in more muscle tension which results in more pain and on and on it goes.

I also used to think like you regarding going to the doctor That is, what if this time it was something serious. I even asked the doctor how I was supposed to know if it was real or HA. He didn't have an answer. I don't think there was an answer.