PDA

View Full Version : Help

lettie
23-11-16, 09:33
How long before I know if cit is doing me any good??? I started off on 10mg for a month. I've had no side effects. Doctor increased the dose to 20mg I'm just starting my third week still no side effects. I feel a little better but not much. Am I being to inpatient ! been on them seven weeks in total. Should I see my doctor about upping my does again. I have read it can take a some time before the cit works. Would appreciate your thoughts on this please.

Mummytofour
23-11-16, 10:45
Hi,

I have just started to feel a fair bit better and I am now going into week 6 I think. Done a week at 10mg then onto 20mg. I am still not all the way there though either and shall be increasing within the next couple of weeks I think. You should definitely give it another week or two and see how you feel then as it takes around a month or more on each dose to settle and know whether it's enough or not. It is frustrating I know, to have to keep waiting on increases to work but as you are noticing an improvement already that's good news and shows it's started to take effect x

lettie
23-11-16, 11:04
Thank you mumoffour. I was hoping to feel a lot better by Xmas.
Just a waiting game. Much appreciate your post.

Bike Rider
23-11-16, 11:17
Took me 8 weeks to feel the effects of Cit, very little side effect, just feeling tired. And remember when you increase a dosage, it still takes the same time to get working, so its early days for you.

Try to be patient and keep on them for a few more weeks.

lettie
23-11-16, 12:30
Took me 8 weeks to feel the effects of Cit, very little side effect, just feeling tired. And remember when you increase a dosage, it still takes the same time to get working, so its early days for you.

Try to be patient and keep on them for a few more weeks.

Thank you. So every time your does goes up its like starting again !:weep:

Bike Rider
23-11-16, 15:18
Yes, that is what I have been told. It has to reach steady state and these ssri's are all different, plus we are all different too.

Mojo61
23-11-16, 19:36
It has taken me over 7 months on cit to feel better! It is a very slow process for a lot of people and you have to be patient. I'm still not 100% but compared to how I was before starting the meds it's a blooming miracle!

sollythegolly
24-11-16, 13:01
Just like Mojo, it has taken me some months to feel any benefit. I had many weeks of side effects which were extremely unpleasant, and, at first, the only benefit I felt was the relief from some of the side effects.

I am now on Day 217 of 20mg of Citalopram (20mg was my starting dose), and I now feel as though I am on track. My GP is going to keep me on them over the Winter period, presumably to avoid the Winter Blues, before weaning me off them.

My only advice is to stick with them, if you can tolerate them. I do understand that some people can have some pretty bad experiences with Citalopram, leading to them having to change medication, but I would seriously urge you to hang on in there if you possibly can.

lettie
24-11-16, 18:22
Thanks all !!! I am going to stick with them. Just feel like crying knowing it may take awhile before I feel like the old me.:scared15:

Conni
26-11-16, 11:40
I'm on week 9/10 I think now... I've just increased to 15mg and feel soooo much better already even after just one week. Going up to 20mg in a couple of weeks! I only started to see a real difference in my anxiety this week (wk 10) although my depression lifted around wk 5 I think :) hope you feel better soon!

lettie
30-11-16, 06:33
Thanks Conni, I'm going to stay on 20mg till after Xmas and see how I feel then. Hope everyone is OK.:)