PDA

View Full Version : Blood.

zippy
23-11-16, 10:11
Been drs this morning with the constant back pain and she did a urine test and there was blood in it so shes sending it off to hospital and took my kidney bloods. Worrying even more now and don't want to google.

EKB
23-11-16, 11:03
Tests really up my anxiety too. Just remember that blood in urine is really common even in a sample from a healthy person (many on here including me have had our urine test positive for blood and it's been nothing), but they need to make sure by doing the additional checks. I know it's hard not to jump right to the very worst thing though. Many times these things come back normal, or are a result of something less sinister than we are scared it is. You're right not to google. Try to find something to do that makes you feel good while you wait - I know it won't make the anxiety go away, but it may help take the edge off. :hugs:

nomorepanic
23-11-16, 11:30
Search on here for "blood in urine" and you will see all the posts/replies about it and how common it is

nhelen79
23-11-16, 11:36
My daughter was seen for uti infection and got sent for tests because of blood in the urine too. Nothing was found. It is super common to have blood or protein in the urine. You will be fine.

zippy
24-11-16, 14:47
I am worrying because i had food poisoning 2 months ago and i haven't felt well since with this back pain etc. I am worrying that it's damaged something.