PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations I think...

netminder1976
23-11-16, 14:38
Hello all. For the last several days I've been having what a I think are palpitations. I've been getting a flutter that makes me feel like I lost my breath for a second. It started with just a couple a day but the last two I've been having them fairly often. I have been having some heartburn and indigestion as well. I have a blood pressure machine that I've been taking my blood pressure with and it has been great along with my heart rate. The machine also has an irregular heartbeat symbol that has not came on even if I experience one or two of these while taking it. Is it possible this is related to my stomach indigestion? Is it common to have them quite often? Thanks, it's really starting to worry me.

lifeofbrian
23-11-16, 19:41
It could well be reflux, as the stomach releases food i upward it feels like an internal burp, but doesn't always make you burp for real but it quite often will a while after. Does it feel like one big "palpitation"?

Hello all. For the last several days I've been having what a I think are palpitations. I've been getting a flutter that makes me feel like I lost my breath for a second. It started with just a couple a day but the last two I've been having them fairly often. I have been having some heartburn and indigestion as well. I have a blood pressure machine that I've been taking my blood pressure with and it has been great along with my heart rate. The machine also has an irregular heartbeat symbol that has not came on even if I experience one or two of these while taking it. Is it possible this is related to my stomach indigestion? Is it common to have them quite often? Thanks, it's really starting to worry me.

netminder1976
23-11-16, 20:57
It's just like a quick jolt that makes me kinda jump and gasp for air like I had the wind knocked out of me for a split second.

tw2906
27-11-16, 00:39
I had that feeling too. It might be a skipped beat. It still freaked me out when it happens. :(

Ethansmom
22-12-16, 21:50
I've been getting these awful "take my breath away" palpitations. Did yours finally go away?

PanickyGuy
23-12-16, 20:36

Yep, been there before. Feels like a fish or something flopped in your chest doesn't it? Just like you, years ago I got a blood pressure machine (Omron) with the irregular heartbeat symbol too. At first the only thing I would notice was a high HR with the palpitations, while taking my blood pressure. But then, some months later, the irregular heartbeat symbol eventually did show up on occasions during these palpitation episodes.

Well that worried me with more panic attacks then usual at that point, so I went to my doctor and he put a 24 hour heart monitor on me. But the results came back fine, they didn't notice anything unusual, although I did end up in the ER a day later, which came to be because of a major panic attack (oh man the palpitations and irregular heartbeat was off the charts then, too).

Anyway, that was about two years ago and I'm still alive. Since then, with a little more research into anxiety, I've learned you can have this symptom with GAD or Panic Disorder. But if you haven't gone to your doctor about this yet, It wouldn't be a bad idea if you did to put your mind at ease, just so you know for sure.

P.S. I still get irregular heartbeat signs that shows up on my blood pressure machine every now and then to this day, but not every time I take my blood pressure. But I know for me, it's one of the symptoms of anxiety; even when my blood pressure and heart rate is normal.