PDA

View Full Version : Had mole removed. Must wait 6 weeks for result!!!!

BrokenGirl
23-11-16, 14:54
I've had a mole on my leg for a while and I had it removed today. It wasn't very nice looking - half it black and irregular shape.
But they told me today I won't get the results back for 6 weeks.
That's Christmas ruined for me anyway :-(
How do people keep calm and positive waiting for results like that?
I don't want to google any more about melanoma, I've done enough of that in the past. I don't think the mole changed much in the last 6-8 months (maybe a little bit but nothing major). Does melanoma grow and change fast?
Anything at all reassuring would be appreciated. Thanks!

ServerError
23-11-16, 14:57
The majority of biopsies come back all clear.

Melanoma generally develops quickly.

Even in the worst case scenario, it's a very treatable condition.

The fact you didn't notice much change over a long period of time suggests it's fine.

It's hard to deal with waits like this, but it is far more likely to be benign than anything to worry about.

BrokenGirl
23-11-16, 22:24
Thanks Server.
My mind is jumping all over the place at the moment. One minute I'm ok about it and the next I'm in a panic. I know there's nothing I can do but wait for the 6 weeks to pass.
At least it's off my body now anyway, that's something I suppose........

NancyW
24-11-16, 03:31
Omg 6 weeks? That is rediculious.

Why on earth so long?

I had to wait 2 weeks, I thought I'd lose my mind.

I was absolutely positive that the black spot on the top of my hand was melanoma.

It was benign.

Chin up!

Sam Winter
24-11-16, 07:06
My brother in law got melanoma in the past and now he watches in case it comes back again, like servererror said its a very treatable condition even if you did have it(which I doubt you do) I know its hard to but just relax, even if they found something worrying they'd call you x