PDA

View Full Version : Having a blip and finding it hard!

KatiePink
23-11-16, 20:04
I've been doing great recently and that's the truth. No self checking or googling ect and just feeling much happier in general but my health anxiety has came back quite badly about SADS

Someone in my area died the other day in her sleep and the diagnosis was SADS she was only 22 ��
It's really knocked me, although I know it's rare, I alone know many people this has affected and it scares me so much because ultimately there is nothing at all that can be done.
It's made me not want to sleep at all, my partner has super ventricular tachycardia and atrial tachycardia so I am always worried about him.

He on the other hand is not worried and tells me to think of all the people I know who have not been affected by this instead of focusing on the few stories. But it's so hard, more so because of his heart conditions. I worry so much if he does any exercise at all.

Heart anxiety is the worst for sure. I want to stop it now but I really don't know how to relax about this. I know that no amount of worrying could prevent it, but that doesn't stop me worrying ��

Sparkling_Fairy
23-11-16, 20:44
I used to worry about SADS a lot.
I realized one day, that if I die tomorrow I didn't want to spend my last day feeling anxious. And I still think that every time I feel anxious over something, and it helps me tremendously!
Ultimately, like you said, there's nothing you can do about it. And I know it's easier said than done to stop worrying.
But I don't think anyone wants to spend the rest of their life feeling anxious. And repeating that to myself, helps me deal with it better.