PDA

View Full Version : Is this dp/dr???

Benisfked123
23-11-16, 21:18
So It all started when I started smoking weed and I had a huge panic attack! I had a huge shock through my body and then it started lasting all night which since then I've completely stopped smoking it!
The next day I felt weird and different and had many many anxiety symptoms which at the time I didn't know it was a panic attack or anxiety so obviously I got worse and worse. I finally went to the hospital after Breaking down thinking something is wrong with me about a week later and had blood tests and 2 ECGs which shown my heart rate to be fast and my blood pressure to be very high but I soon got told that my blood tests shown me to be fine and the blood pressure must of been from being so anxious and stuff.
About 3weeks having constant scary anxiety symptoms I started to feel weird? Like different and I can't really explain it but it's happening 24/7 and has been for the past few days. I feel like I'm not myself and I might die soon? I don't really feel like I'm actually me and I get strange sensations going up my legs sometimes. When I look in the mirror I don't even see myself if that makes sense? It's like Im Looking at someone else... I don't understand. I sometimes feel numb but I'm not numb ? I just feel like just sorta there? I observe myself a lot lately and it just feel a like I'm not me or like I'm watching over me. Sorta like I'm looking at a different person? But the thing I don't understand is that it's 24/7and their is many different levels of it. Sometimes it's not that bad but it's always there and sometimes it's full blown and I'm out of reality kinda like I'm in a movie or something!! Their is much much more to it but I can't explain and I just want to know that I'm not alone and that it is depersonalisation and not something serious! I know it's self inflicted but I don't want it to last forever !
I also overthink everything and it's horrible! ive seen a therapist which helped a little but I got such a bad memory now that I forgot most the stuff she said..
My mum thinks it's drug induced psychosis and anxiety/panic attacks but I don't really have any panic attacks.
Thanks !!
Is this depersonalisation????

viking111
24-11-16, 11:38
Hi!
I got basically the same symptoms from smoking weed. I had a huge panic attack and ever since that I feel just like you basically. It is just anxiety and that is how it affects your brain. It is truly horrible. What you have to do is fully eliminate anxiety by distracting yourself and doing things such as watching a great movie, listening to music, meeting friends, take a walk in nature etc. It sounds bad but I overcame it the first time I got it. Now it is my second time and I am feeling just like you are.