PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

DaveyCrockett
23-11-16, 22:21
Hi everyone. I'm Dave and this is my first post. After many years of having my anxiety and panic under control, they both returned with a vengeance over the summer after a really stressful year. It took me about two months of CBT with a really good therapist, reading everything I could find on the subject, and practicing my breathing and relaxation exercises before I began to feel better. I am happy to say that I'm feeling really good now. I kept telling myself that the horrible feelings wouldn't be forever and it turned out to be true. I'd really like everyone reading this to have hope that it won't be forever with them either. I know it's truly awful when you're in the grip of anxiety. Anything I can do to help, just ask. Even if it's just to listen. Good luck :) Dave

venusbluejeans
23-11-16, 22:30
Hiya DaveyCrockett and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Dfw
24-11-16, 00:14
Thanks for your post. I'm new here as well. I know I've had anxiety off & on for as long as I can remember. Had a bout of chronic pain in different spots for a couple years now. Have managed with the help of tmswiki.org. Was doing 'good" until a month ago and BAM, got hit hard with ringing in my ears, a new one. It has been a dreadful month, but feel I'm making progress to taming that tiger. I know it's anxiety and stress, but my body tells me different.

I may be reaching out to you and others for a 'short" while, if y'all don't mind.

Thanks for offering help

NeedToSleep
25-11-16, 14:49
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post. Glad that you're doing well, it has given me a lot of hope.

DaveyCrockett
25-11-16, 19:02
Hi. I'm glad that I've given you hope. I really read e erything I could find and tried to follow the best advice, and I got better little by little. I know how hard it is sometimes, and having patience is a horrible thing to have to employ when you're feeling so rotten. I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember your breathing exercises, focus on something outside yourself, and try to get out and do things. Those 3 things helped me the most. Take care, Dave

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Thanks for your post. I'm new here as well. I know I've had anxiety off & on for as long as I can remember. Had a bout of chronic pain in different spots for a couple years now. Have managed with the help of tmswiki.org. Was doing 'good" until a month ago and BAM, got hit hard with ringing in my ears, a new one. It has been a dreadful month, but feel I'm making progress to taming that tiger. I know it's anxiety and stress, but my body tells me different.

I may be reaching out to you and others for a 'short" while, if y'all don't mind.

Thanks for offering help

Hi there. Sorry you're having a rotten time. I was really hit hard with stomach troubles when this all began. The citalopram made it much worse, so I was really sick while my mess kicked in. It's better now, but still troublesome. Are you seeing a therapist about this? If you got help for the stress and anxiety, maybe the weird physical ailments would go away? Dave