PDA

View Full Version : A major re-visit from health anxiety

Dfw
24-11-16, 00:25
Have had health anxiety for about 2.5 years now, which was somewhat under control for the last several months. BAM, some exposure to a loud noise and ringing just started and is present with tension headaches and such. It's been around for about 5 weeks now, although I am seeing some easing at times, as I continue to work on my stress related issues.

Today I was exposed to a couple loud bangs and all the progress I've made in the last 5 weeks disappeared.

I have had hearing tests done with no change in 14 years, so I know that hearing loss is, was not a causation. The ent felt confident the ringing would stop at some point as he saw no damage. Well, all that great feeling disappears today. Now I feel I have to start over with the tests again, to get re-assurance that nothing happened. Classic health anxiety.

venusbluejeans
24-11-16, 00:32
Hiya Dfw and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: