PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone relate to this Anxiety symptom

Gsc1993
24-11-16, 03:11
Hello everyone, this is my first post and I would like to see if anyone can relate, or heard of this so called anxiety symptom that I am currently experiencing. I am fully aware there are many other potential reasons or causes for what I am going through. For two months I have had severe anxiety, and as I have recently learnt, chest pains, palpitations, general pains in the body, hyperventilation, vision problems just to name what seems to be the main symptoms of anxiety I have experienced I would say for a month.
After going to a&e twice after panic attacks which I originally thought were heart problems I was told I am experiencing severe anxiety, seems to be health anxiety. Then my GP prescribed Propranolol which helped and then citalopram a week later, and then my vision became extremely distorted if that's the right word for it, i.e constantly having feint light blue in my vision, for example white walls would bring it out a lot more, flickering when eyes are open and closed which my ears seem to ring out a lot more when I'm trying to fall asleep as the flickering gets worse. But the worst symptom for me, and I know it seems crazy. is everyone I see has slightly longer noses and ears, as if I'm hallucinating. I have no auditory or other hallucinations it just seems everything looks closer as if it was very mild micropsia and seems my depth is off. Ill be going for an MRI scan very soon as I cannot see how anxiety can cause this. Sorry for long post but can ANYONE relate to these symptoms at all, mostly the fact everyone I come across has pointy ears and noses as this is causing me extreme anxiety and stress which I cant find one thread on. Kind Regards to anyone interested.

venusbluejeans
24-11-16, 03:18
Hiya Gsc1993 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

randomforeigner
24-11-16, 05:18
About those noses and ears, is it like with the eye problem 'astigmatism' that you have a double image in your eye, you see one line (sharp) and then beside it another line (shadowy, thin)? Anyway this can happen if your eye's lens doesn't bend the light properly, because it's not perfectly shaped. I don't suppose this is it, as you're about to get an MRI scan, though, and surely some optician has checked up on your eye vision.

---------- Post added at 06:18 ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 ----------

I remember reading about "El Greco", the famous renaissance artist, and him having a tendency to view people and things in a prolonged way. If you look at his paintings (they're sort of stretched) is this how you see things too? Search for "el greco eye problems" and some relevant articles will come up.

Gsc1993
24-11-16, 11:53
wow, i have just looked at the El Greco paintings, and yes it seems very similar to that to be honest very useful information. The thing that really gets me the most is that i have read 100's of threads from people that suffer from anxiety and eye problems, i.e floaters which i do have constantly as well, but no blurred vision, and as im writing this im reading about el greco and it seems he didnt have visual problems just a style of paintings which is very strange that i seem to have vision very similar to that. Thanks for the reply

randomforeigner
24-11-16, 12:20
I seem to remember from my school days it was mentioned El Greco had some visual problems, it's supported by this quick Google search: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/famous-paintings-can-reveal-visual-disorders/

As for floaters, I thought all us elderly had it, as irritating as it may be. (Elderly = here 45+)

Gsc1993
24-11-16, 17:55
Its weird though as i understand everything i look at looks like that, but the paintings are described as distorted in width and length, my GP says its anxiety im not convinced at all i have not heard any one have this particular symptom but well see

bibbs
26-11-16, 11:22
Good morning I can totally relate and empathise. I first started havibg anxiety two yrs ago same issues, heart racing, palpitations, going very hot and dizzy and skipped heart beats. I too had ambulance out many many times. I have been taking venflaxin for two years and cbt therapy has helped immensely. X