PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Laura xx
18-10-04, 11:37
Hi my name is Laura

I am a new member here. I am married with two boys. I have been suffering with anxiety/panic attacks for 4 years on and off.

My most recent symptom has been pains in my chest and a real bad heavy feeling in my chest region. I have been put on cipramil and beta blockers and I am going for an ECG this afternoon.

I think my anxiety is heightened by the fact that I lost my mum earlier this year to a heart attack.

Anxiety and panic attacks are so frightening and it is so fustrating, I just want to feel normal.

Laura

KW
18-10-04, 11:45
Hi Laura

Welcome to the site. You will find lots of support and advice on here.

KW

Karen
18-10-04, 12:39
Hi Laura

Welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mum. I doubt this is helping your current anxiety. I hope the ECG this afternoon helps to allay some of the anxiety over your symptoms.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
18-10-04, 13:00
Hi Laura,

So sorry to hear about your Mum.

ECG' s can tell an awful lot so if all is well this pm , then do accept the reassurance and put your symptoms down to anxiety and start to make the changes needed to help yourself get over them.

Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

seh1980
18-10-04, 13:27
Hello there Laura,

Welcome to the site!! I'm sure you will get loads of support here and meet tons of nice people. I look forward to getting to know you better.

Sarah :D

lainey
18-10-04, 13:30
Hi Laura

So sorry to hear about your Mum.

Welcome to the site you'll get lots of help and support here.

Good luck with the ecg this afternoon I'm sure everything will be ok.

Take care

Elainex

minny
18-10-04, 15:47
Hi Laura!

Good luck this afternoon! The support you will receive here is wonderful!

Welcome!

Love Minny.xx

I have NOT failed!! Ive succeeded in finding 1000 solutions that dont work! :o)

nomorepanic
18-10-04, 20:19
Hi Laura

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about your mum - must be hard for you.

Hope the ECG went ok today - post and let us know ok?

Nicola

jill
19-10-04, 09:30
Hi Laura,

Welcome to the site,

Sorry to here about the loss of your mum.

There are lots of nice people here who will
give your losts of support and advice.

How did your ECG go?

TAKE CARE

LOVER JILLXX

May your troubles be less
and your blessings be more
and nothing but happiness
come through your door.

meesey
19-10-04, 09:39
Hi Laura, Sorry to hear of your loss, Hope you get the support you need from this site, Take Care, Paul x

davebrum
19-10-04, 19:00
hi laura
youve come to the right place to get all the support you need
david xxx:D

sal
19-10-04, 19:06
Hi Laura

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of great advice and support and realise that you are not alone.

I am sure losing your mum will have contributed highly to how you are feeling as it is a major loss in your life.

I am taking cipramil after trying many different types of medication over the last 6 years and i cant believe what a difference it has made to me although it took me a long time to feel and see it.

Take care.

Love Sal xxxxx

vernon
19-10-04, 20:15
Hi laura wlcome to the site. hope the ecg goes well (I am sure it will) my chest pain and tightness have been driving me mad the ast couple of weeks. good luck Vernon

sal
19-10-04, 23:23
Hi Laura

Hope you are okay hon. You have had some really positive replies, hope they help you through your hard time.

Love Sal xxxxx

Sarah-Jane
20-10-04, 01:36
Hi Laura

So sorry to hear about the loss of your mum, it cant be easy to cope. Im sure you will find this site very helpful with lots of love and support from some great people on here. Life isnt easy for anyone especially more difficult loosing your mum, being a mum and having anxiety/panic attacks. We are all here to support you through what must be a hellish time for you. Welcome and good luck for what im sure will work out to be a posotive future for you and your family.

Love Sarah-Jane xxxx