PDA

View Full Version : Contacted within 24 hours but not urgent?!

Nara
24-11-16, 11:53
Hi All,

Had blood tests yesterday at 10am and just had a phone call saying i need to see a dr to discuss results but not urgent and can be in the next two weeks!!! #

Now considering the results weren't meant to be back until Friday earliest maybe Monday the fact the hospital have phoned the dr's within 24 hours to say something is wrong seems kinda urgent to me!!

Like I'm going to wait 2 weeks with this hanging over my head! I've been off work 2 weeks sick with many symptoms, so honestly it could be anything.
I'm already on high BP meds and the original test was to check my kidneys but due to illness and personal circumstances she decided to test me for pretty much everything under the sun, think it was a tube of every colour for the bloods. So could be anything :unsure:

The palpatitations I just had while they were ringing wasn't fun!

Ofc the dr's have no appointments so going to try and ring for one tomorrow :(

So scared

Fishmanpa
24-11-16, 12:10
It's my experience (and I have a lot of it) that "non-urgent" means just that. You wouldn't wait two weeks to be seen if it were something that needed immediate attention.

Positive thoughts

Nara
24-11-16, 12:25
Thanks, I know it's not urgent really.

It's just I've been so ill for a year now and I'm sick of being sick!

Had bloods in March and all seemed ok, slightly high cholesterol, but didn't test for 'everything'

I will be annoyed as well if it's nothing to do with my illness lol, because then I'm back to square one :(

I will get an appointment for tomorrow and see.

thank you

KeeKee
24-11-16, 14:28
If it's not urgent I wouldn't worry about it (I know that's hard), could be something as simple as anemia.

lelespears
01-12-16, 12:09
Was this anything to be worried about? The exact same thing has happened to me today and I feel sick to my stomach