PDA

View Full Version : Reaching out....

crof
24-11-16, 11:23
I am not too sure how to introduce myself on here.

I am 29 years old with severe anxiety which prevents me leaving my house on my own. I have never had a job and it severely depresses me that my life is going nowhere.

It is now at the point where I lie in my bed hoping that I don't wake up because even my dreams are better than my life.

The only relief I seem to get from my anxiety is through alcohol which is rapidly becoming a problem. Even stupid things like talking to people while playing games online I feel I cannot do without alcohol (without alcohol I would appear offline and just avoid them).

I am afraid I am sounding like an attention seeker but I am quite literally at the brink and dunno what the next step is.

I am not expecting miracles but hopefully hearing of similar experiences may help me. So that is why I am here.

Thank you to whoever has read this.

SLA
24-11-16, 11:29
Crof! Thank you for sharing your story! You've come to the right place.

It's ok to seek attention. You need help, and you've reached out. Thats the first step done.

Alcohol is a double edged sword obviously. Its ok to have a drink, but it should be a way to unwind after you feel like you need to chill rather than trying to avoid/mask your feelings.

If you could improve one area of your life in a small way right now what would it be?

J

venusbluejeans
24-11-16, 11:30
Hiya crof and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

crof
24-11-16, 13:12
Crof! Thank you for sharing your story! You've come to the right place.

It's ok to seek attention. You need help, and you've reached out. Thats the first step done.

Alcohol is a double edged sword obviously. Its ok to have a drink, but it should be a way to unwind after you feel like you need to chill rather than trying to avoid/mask your feelings.

If you could improve one area of your life in a small way right now what would it be?

J

I would probably say to stop drinking for 'dutch courage' and try to face the situation but when I do this I am often physically sick which stops me! Hence.... alcohol.....

P.S. incase you are wondering I am not alcohol dependent. I only use it in cases where I know I will feel anxious in a situation. A kind of pre-emptive strike.

SLA
24-11-16, 14:43
Have you seen a Doctor?

Beta blockers would be a good way to move away from Dutch Courage.

I asked a super hot girl out on a date when I first started taking them, and didn't feel a pang of anxiety.

She didn't say no. She was interested but already had someone.

Pointless story of the day. :D