PDA

View Full Version : Terrified please help psychosis

James loveslife
25-11-16, 18:35
Hi guys. I'm having a nightmare.

Yesterday I posted a similar post on another anxiety forum about my odd thoughts such as 'what if this body isn't mine?' And 'what in the world is real?' And it has been scaring me.

However:
I'm fine when I'm distracted
And I know there 'silly' thoughts in a way.
Mybtherapist said I was fine.

However, one of the other posters commented on the other forum saying he thinks I could be experiencing the start of psychosis and should be scared.

His message has terrified me so much.

I feel like I'm back at the start of my health anxiety.

I feel sick. Terrified.

What a horrible thing to put to someone who has awful health anxiety and not long ago had a horrid fear of schizophrenia.

My therapist and parents had been saying how well I had been doing and how good I'm doing with my health anxiety!!

I'm terrified!!

Please reply. This is the nicest forum I have been on. And you are all usually so nice!! :(

randomforeigner
25-11-16, 19:02
My dad suffered from psychoses but I've never heard him mentioning any of that. Do you scream a lot? Lie on the bed shaking and staring in the ceiling? Do people send you off in an ambulance to the hospital? Seems more as if you "merely" have general health anxiety than an actual onslaught of psychosis, but I'm certainly no expert....

If both your parents and your therapist says you're doing well, it's probably true!

James loveslife
25-11-16, 19:17
My dad suffered from psychoses but I've never heard him mentioning any of that. Do you scream a lot? Lie on the bed shaking and staring in the ceiling? Do people send you off in an ambulance to the hospital? Seems more as if you "merely" have general health anxiety than an actual onslaught of psychosis, but I'm certainly no expert....

If both your parents and your therapist says you're doing well, it's probably true!

Hi. Thankyou so much for your reply. And no I don't do any of that!!

You see I have a thought and because I'm fearing psychosisni blow it out of proportion and forget about my other negative thoughts.

Basically I worries for the psy 2 days Is this my body? Even though I know it is my body. I just had an uncertainty (because I never asked myself that before) -and all of a sudden BAM!! I started to worry about it and think about it more. But I know is silly inn a way.

When that comment came through I had a bit of a panic attack and then thought about what other wierd things I could think of and see if I believed them. So I thought 'what if parents are aliens?' And bam a bit of uncertainty crept in and now I'm thinking about that every time I look at my parents and it's frustrating me.

But like I say. I'm not acting any different around people and if anything people are saying I look happy!! It's just when in on my Pena sun my mind wanders.

lindadiana
25-11-16, 19:29
ive had thoughts like that from around the age of 14/15 im now 58,i think oh god im a person my minds my own and nobody knows whats in my head,and i feel really weird,its a horrible feeling ,ive never had it explained as to what causes me to think that,but it was just a thought that caused me to feel weird and think of it as somthing really fearful, i just shrug it off now when i think it

James loveslife
25-11-16, 22:07
ive had thoughts like that from around the age of 14/15 im now 58,i think oh god im a person my minds my own and nobody knows whats in my head,and i feel really weird,its a horrible feeling ,ive never had it explained as to what causes me to think that,but it was just a thought that caused me to feel weird and think of it as somthing really fearful, i just shrug it off now when i think it

Thanks for your reply. :)

So you don't think I have psychosis then ahahha

---------- Post added at 20:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:38 ----------

Anyone else can you give your opinion of these crazy scary thoughts.

I've calmed down a lot now ahhaha:hugs:

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

My worst fear is psychosis by far!!!!!
Please

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 20:54 ----------

Please

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:17 ----------

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Please can some people reply I'm panicking my again that you all think I'm losing my mind

Primula
25-11-16, 22:13
You aren't going mad, you have panic and anxiety. Although they are very unpleasant feelings they cannot make you go mad.

James loveslife
25-11-16, 22:21
You aren't going mad, you have panic and anxiety. Although they are very unpleasant feelings they cannot make you go mad.

So no psychosis??????

I'm sorry for being annoying it's just someone left a comment on another forum telling me he honestly thinks I have psychosis and it's sent me on a panic.

Wouldn't I not be aware and worried if i was in psychosis. I'm acting fine.

????

Primula
25-11-16, 22:27
I doubt it very much. If you did you wouldn't be worrying about it. People who are psychotic aren't aware of it. Best thing you can do is find some relaxation exercises to calm yourself and maybe write your fears down, so you can see them for what they are.

James loveslife
25-11-16, 22:40
I doubt it very much. If you did you wouldn't be worrying about it. People who are psychotic aren't aware of it. Best thing you can do is find some relaxation exercises to calm yourself and maybe write your fears down, so you can see them for what they are.

Thankyou. In fairness I have noticed I only think of the wierd thoughts at times.

If I was going psychotic wouldn't I always believe these wierd thoughts - and I would honestly believe them?

Because I know very well there silly

---------- Post added at 22:40 ---------- Previous post was at 22:29 ----------

Guys?...

MyNameIsTerry
25-11-16, 23:07
Whoever told you that was ignorant of mental health issues, it's that simple.

Psychosis is serious and you won't have a clue about if it ever happened through the episode you would be completely lost to it's context. The first you would know you would be waking up out of it dosed up on meds under a sectioning order.

Have you looked at the DP/DR board on here? That would be a much better place to post than the HA board.

brucealmighty
25-11-16, 23:15
agree with terry 100% here james, people can sometimes say things and press `send` without realising the damage they can cause
years back when I was a long way from recovery I studied buddhism and at one of the classes we did a meditation for world peace where we absorbed all the bad things in the world as we inhaled, and then sent out peace and goodness as we exhaled.

the trouble was I was in a bad place then so for literally weeks I thought that every time I breathed in I was somehow sucking in everyones bad thoughts and intentions. this led to shallow breathing, more anxiety, downright panic etc.

its good to challenge the norm with the bigger questions of reality at times, but sometimes its best to just stick to the bits that work for you so please don`t let one person throw you off course.

swajj
25-11-16, 23:44
You remind me of Toby but I'm sure you're not.

Do you honestly believe that someone on an Internet forum can diagnose you with a mental illness? There are no psychologists or psychiatrists here or on your other forum. And even if by some remote chance there was do you honestly believe that they would diagnose you with a psychotic illness based on a random post you made on an anonymous forum? Use your common sense.

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-16, 00:38

Listen to this member, witnessing psychosis isn't something you would forget. We have a few other members who have either experienced it or witnessed it in loved ones and it's extreme behaviour without the power of reason.

A long time ago my younger cousin was very ill due to a physical problem and had to be transferred to Birmingham Children's Hospital where he stayed for a while. As his condition worsened his character changed and he was verbally & physically abusive to his mum, something which upset her greatly as you would expect. He was a normal, good kid. Now he was hitting his mother screaming obscenities at her. The consultant explained that this was something that can occur due to what he wad suffering from, which I will leave out as it could be triggering for people, and that it would pass once they had corrected what was causing it. They did and he has lived a perfectly normal life for the last 25 years. He had psychosis induced by the problem be was being treated for.

He had no clue what he was doing or that it was wrong. That's what we mean when we say it takes over and why meds & sectioning come into play until the person comes through it.

There are threads on here from people with situations in their lives like this. Does this sound anything like what you are going through?

James loveslife
26-11-16, 09:33
Listen to this member, witnessing psychosis isn't something you would forget. We have a few other members who have either experienced it or witnessed it in loved ones and it's extreme behaviour without the power of reason.

A long time ago my younger cousin was very ill due to a physical problem and had to be transferred to Birmingham Children's Hospital where he stayed for a while. As his condition worsened his character changed and he was verbally & physically abusive to his mum, something which upset her greatly as you would expect. He was a normal, good kid. Now he was hitting his mother screaming obscenities at her. The consultant explained that this was something that can occur due to what he wad suffering from, which I will leave out as it could be triggering for people, and that it would pass once they had corrected what was causing it. They did and he has lived a perfectly normal life for the last 25 years. He had psychosis induced by the problem be was being treated for.

He had no clue what he was doing or that it was wrong. That's what we mean when we say it takes over and why meds & sectioning come into play until the person comes through it.

There are threads on here from people with situations in their lives like this. Does this sound anything like what you are going through?

Thankyou mate, I have had someone else telling me that I need to consider psychosis, and 2 more people telling me how the devil is going to get us all!! I think since i posted in the dissassosiative section of the forum, imm having people who actually have psychosis commenting on my posts! its crazy, but very scary. People are telling me that if i answer my phone the devil will end up listening!!! MAD!!!

But yeah, can you answer some questions?

1) Does psychosis mean schizophrenia?
2) If you have either, can you still sometimes live a pretty normal life
3) Would you not ever be fully aware if you had either
4) would it be very obvious (like would your family be concerned) because my family say how happy i seem and how well I'm doing.

I am studying schizophrenia at school in psychology (great) and my teacher always says how firstly your family would be very aware if you were developing it as its very obvious something is not right, and also you are not aware that it is happening to you and its the people around you that notice

The one thing is that my thoughts are so frustrating because if I think something abnormal then it gives my the shivers and then it gets stuck in my head, so for example now when i look at my parents the thought "what is they ARE aliens" comes into my head. But deep down I know its all bullish%t!

Its just I need to get the thoughts out of my head in the first place its like OCD almost. I may try CBT at home later in the bath relaxing. Can this help?

Thanks again for your reply it REALLY helped.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

The WORST THING is having reinforced horrible thoughts about someone like your mum and think them when you look at her!!

Because me and my mum are BEST friends. I love her to bits and we spend SO much time together. She is the best

randomforeigner
26-11-16, 12:28
Well, if your aliens actually *were* aliens, would it really matter in your daily life, would it make any difference? Really? Don't worry too much about things you cannot know anything about, cannot change, and that doesn't have any material effect on your life....

Since you've mentioned you're in school, I suppose you're not so old. It's only natural to think over certain things, like what would happen if the sun engulfed the earth, are we alone in the universe, what is a singularity, etc.

It might be wise to blend in some other interests, like for example music; I actually read just the other week in a magazine I picked up when I was travelling (somebody had left it on a table, it was a magazine for people working psychologists going through various methods) that musical therapy is beneficial to schizoaffective disorders. Do you play any musical instruments, or might consider doing it? Which instrument would you pick by the way?

You can try this to start off with a video with Mozart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY_9732unbo

I think you can trust your relatives noticing if you were to have a psychosis all of a sudden.

James loveslife
26-11-16, 15:24
Well, if your aliens actually *were* aliens, would it really matter in your daily life, would it make any difference? Really? Don't worry too much about things you cannot know anything about, cannot change, and that doesn't have any material effect on your life....

Since you've mentioned you're in school, I suppose you're not so old. It's only natural to think over certain things, like what would happen if the sun engulfed the earth, are we alone in the universe, what is a singularity, etc.

It might be wise to blend in some other interests, like for example music; I actually read just the other week in a magazine I picked up when I was travelling (somebody had left it on a table, it was a magazine for people working psychologists going through various methods) that musical therapy is beneficial to schizoaffective disorders. Do you play any musical instruments, or might consider doing it? Which instrument would you pick by the way?

You can try this to start off with a video with Mozart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY_9732unbo

I think you can trust your relatives noticing if you were to have a psychosis all of a sudden.

Thankyou!!

That's true. If my mum was an Alien then I am and we all are. That has just rationalised it for me.

One thing that has helped me is that I have started to tell myself
"Schizophrenics change their beliefs, and beliefs affect the way we think ALL THE TIME therefore the way we act, whereas thoughts don't perminantly change the way we think all the time, therefore the way we act when distracted doesn't change!!'
So if your not acting funny and people aren't noticing it then you are fine!!

Is this fine for me to think, is it true.

Because if it is and people like you agree this can really help me!!

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

That question is for everyone by the way!!!

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-16, 16:20
Thankyou mate, I have had someone else telling me that I need to consider psychosis, and 2 more people telling me how the devil is going to get us all!! I think since i posted in the dissassosiative section of the forum, imm having people who actually have psychosis commenting on my posts! its crazy, but very scary. People are telling me that if i answer my phone the devil will end up listening!!! MAD!!!

But yeah, can you answer some questions?

1) Does psychosis mean schizophrenia?
2) If you have either, can you still sometimes live a pretty normal life
3) Would you not ever be fully aware if you had either
4) would it be very obvious (like would your family be concerned) because my family say how happy i seem and how well I'm doing.

I am studying schizophrenia at school in psychology (great) and my teacher always says how firstly your family would be very aware if you were developing it as its very obvious something is not right, and also you are not aware that it is happening to you and its the people around you that notice

The one thing is that my thoughts are so frustrating because if I think something abnormal then it gives my the shivers and then it gets stuck in my head, so for example now when i look at my parents the thought "what is they ARE aliens" comes into my head. But deep down I know its all bullish%t!

Its just I need to get the thoughts out of my head in the first place its like OCD almost. I may try CBT at home later in the bath relaxing. Can this help?

Thanks again for your reply it REALLY helped.

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

The WORST THING is having reinforced horrible thoughts about someone like your mum and think them when you look at her!!

Because me and my mum are BEST friends. I love her to bits and we spend SO much time together. She is the best

First off, if you were suffering psychosis or delusion you wouldn't think your mum was an alien, you would believe she was 100% and would argue against all evidence to the contrary. That's why medication is needed in those conditions to restore rational thinking. A classic example of delusion is the person believing they have 3 arms and arguing against all evidence with a doctor. The doctor could be holding a mirror up, the patient would disagree and continue to state they had 3 arms.

Secondly, I don't know what forum you are posting on, it's not the sub board for DP/DR on here and given their responses I think it would be best you ignores them and that forum ad they sound not only ignorant of mental health but like scaremongers too, probably trolls/WUMs or frustrated over-the-top types. Whatever the reason, they are talking absolute rubbish!

1) No, there are many conditions that include psychosis. Remember that schizophrenia has many symptoms, a professional knows to look for as many as they can find not one symptom, which tends to be the mistake of the anxiety sufferer who focuses on the one (s) that seem to indicate their fear and seek to prove it true (Confirmation Bias).

2) No, not when struggling with their condition. Then it's time for medication. Under medication, yes they can be fine. What I believe you are asking is whether you could be going about your life with normality despite an episode of psychosis and the answer to that is - no chance. Psychosis is extreme behaviour, it will take you over and that's why medication & sectioning is what happens as you are not capable of being left in your own to get through.

3) With any episode of psychosis, no. Experienced sufferers can learn to spot worrying symptoms beginning or understand it due to loved ones explaining they are seeing them to persuade them to see their doctor but not once it really starts as that's time for medication again. You don't have that understanding a schizophrenic would who has a controlled condition, experience and the guidance to spot possible relapsing given by their doctors.

4) Absolutely, it would be obvious. They may not know what it meant but they would be concerned at your behaviour which would become quite different and strange to them. It's loved ones that approach a doctor in these cases, not the sufferer. Remember that schizophrenia also includes other symptoms of Thought Disorders, for instance, the sufferer may talk differently e.g. broken sentences, jumbled up sentences, irrelevant replies, etc. This is why a loved one will notice strange behaviour.

Your teacher is obviously right.

Fear of developing more serious mental illness is a known OCD theme so it's possible that's your anxiety disorder, or one of them, but there isn't enough detail about your anxiety to properly understand that. It's certainly a possibility though. Have you read much about OCD yet?

Remember, someone with psychosis, delusion, etc as part of any disorder they are known in will not feel deal down these thoughts are wrong, they will genuinely believe them and this is the problem for them as they have no ability to rationalise them.

CBT certainly can help, it will help you to understand your thinking errors in these situations and how to work on changing them. I would also encourage you to read about Cognitive Distortions, the Wiki page is accurate. These are a common problem for anxiety sufferers and learning to spot & correct this thinking is essential.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Thankyou!!

That's true. If my mum was an Alien then I am and we all are. That has just rationalised it for me.

One thing that has helped me is that I have started to tell myself
"Schizophrenics change their beliefs, and beliefs affect the way we think ALL THE TIME therefore the way we act, whereas thoughts don't perminantly change the way we think all the time, therefore the way we act when distracted doesn't change!!'
So if your not acting funny and people aren't noticing it then you are fine!!

Is this fine for me to think, is it true.

Because if it is and people like you agree this can really help me!!

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

---------- Post added at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

That question is for everyone by the way!!!

Yep, use that as counter evidence to support the fact you don't have what you fear and support that anxiety is the condition to address.

James loveslife
26-11-16, 16:33
First off, if you were suffering psychosis or delusion you wouldn't think your mum was an alien, you would believe she was 100% and would argue against all evidence to the contrary. That's why medication is needed in those conditions to restore rational thinking. A classic example of delusion is the person believing they have 3 arms and arguing against all evidence with a doctor. The doctor could be holding a mirror up, the patient would disagree and continue to state they had 3 arms.

Secondly, I don't know what forum you are posting on, it's not the sub board for DP/DR on here and given their responses I think it would be best you ignores them and that forum ad they sound not only ignorant of mental health but like scaremongers too, probably trolls/WUMs or frustrated over-the-top types. Whatever the reason, they are talking absolute rubbish!

1) No, there are many conditions that include psychosis. Remember that schizophrenia has many symptoms, a professional knows to look for as many as they can find not one symptom, which tends to be the mistake of the anxiety sufferer who focuses on the one (s) that seem to indicate their fear and seek to prove it true (Confirmation Bias).

2) No, not when struggling with their condition. Then it's time for medication. Under medication, yes they can be fine. What I believe you are asking is whether you could be going about your life with normality despite an episode of psychosis and the answer to that is - no chance. Psychosis is extreme behaviour, it will take you over and that's why medication & sectioning is what happens as you are not capable of being left in your own to get through.

3) With any episode of psychosis, no. Experienced sufferers can learn to spot worrying symptoms beginning or understand it due to loved ones explaining they are seeing them to persuade them to see their doctor but not once it really starts as that's time for medication again. You don't have that understanding a schizophrenic would who has a controlled condition, experience and the guidance to spot possible relapsing given by their doctors.

4) Absolutely, it would be obvious. They may not know what it meant but they would be concerned at your behaviour which would become quite different and strange to them. It's loved ones that approach a doctor in these cases, not the sufferer. Remember that schizophrenia also includes other symptoms of Though Disorders, for instance, the sufferer may talk differently e.g. broken sentences, jumbled up sentences, irrelevant replies, etc. This is why a loved one will notice strange behaviour.

Your teacher is obviously right.

Fear of developing more serious mental illness is a known OCD theme so it's possible that's your anxiety disorder, or one of them, but there isn't enough detail about your anxiety to properly understand that. It's certainly a possibility though. Have you read much about OCD yet?

Remember, someone with psychosis, delusion, etc as part of any disorder they are known in will not feel deal down these thoughts are wrong, they will genuinely believe them and this is the problem for them as they have no ability to rationalise them.

CBT certainly can help, it will help you to understand your thinking errors in these situations and how to work on changing them. I would also encourage you to read about Cognitive Distortions, the Wiki page is accurate. These are a common problem for anxiety sufferers and learning to spot & correct this thinking is essential.

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:18 ----------

Yep, use that as counter evidence to support the fact you don't have what you fear and support that anxiety is the condition to address.

I cannot begin to explain how much that answer means to me. I'm even about to print it off to stick on my wall.

This is my only problem:

I am literally able to come up with a wierd thought and then if it scares me or I have a slight sense of uncertainty of it then I will obsess over it!!

I need to be able to rationalise my thoughts!!

In the past I have obsessed over things such as brain tumours, MS, ALS, cancer etc. But when something else comes to my attention and worries me the old thoughts loose meaning and I stop worrying and start obsessing over the new thoughts.

And it's the worst when it's about my family members.

I just feel every time I look at my mum for the rest of my life I will think 'alien' and it's soooooo frustrating. I need to wipe this thought from my brain.

I just tried to test myself.

I thought 'what if my dad was something wierd like a robot' and all of a sudden I can't stop thinking that now!! It's crazy. I need to learn to laugh at what I'm saying. Ahahah.

I notice though it only bothers me when it's people I care about. I just thought the same thing about the person next to me now 'what If he is a robot' (I'm in my town centre at the Xmas markets worth family and Great friends btw) and because I don't know him it didn't bother me and the thought went straight away!!!!

MyNameIsTerry
26-11-16, 17:01
That's a classic intrusive thoughts issue, the same thought about a loved one provokes a strong negative response like fear, it provokes little response about someone who doesn't matter. The subconscious learns from this and will mothball (over time) the thought that doesn't provoke the expected response of fear and reinforce (to send again) the ones that do. The area of the brain looking for the response can only see negatives, the fear response, it's literally like ticking a box in a process as it sits at the end of the cycle. It's also why it takes longer to change these subconscious thoughts with positive/neutral since the fear response was only ever meant to react to true threats, like the bear example.

I've beaten my intrusive thoughts (twice over the years) and how you dismissed quickly about the neighbour is like how I now react to any intrusive thought. They flash through quickly without much or any reaction, sometimes it's even amusement at what a daft thought it was.

Testing yourself can be a compulsion in OCD which is used to determine the same fear reaction. If the fear reaction doesn't come, the sufferer reacts with more fear because they take that mean (mistakenly) that they are changing into that which they fear. However, if you do it in a controlled manner to disprove thoughts like they do in a Behavioural Experiment, which happens in therapy, that's a positive experience. I just want to point this out so you don't get sucked into another common OCD behaviour.

Thoughts jumping from fear to fear is the case for some where as others get stuck on one obsession. The fact you're had all those points even more to an anxiety disorder. OCD still remains a possibility since HA is not a medical term and spans various anxiety disorders including OCD.

Viking111 had thoughts his parents were acting differently and he gets DP/DR. He's a young lad who I believe is quite an inspiration on here as he has beaten much of his anxiety. His threads might be worth a look and he is posting about DP/DR at the moment due to having an episode.

You sound very able to rationalise your thoughts, James, and I mean in terms of other anxiety sufferers as this can be hard when triggered. That is a good sign that something like CBT can help you as you will take to it easier. The more you work to deal with these thoughts without reassurance, the better. Have a look at Thought Records, I'll post you a link to a good site for this used by professionals when I come back on later (logging off now). These work based on disproving through counter evidence and re framing a new conclusion. You could use what we all say on here to help you with that, including disproving those daft comments off the other forum.

James loveslife
26-11-16, 17:14
That's a classic intrusive thoughts issue, the same thought about a loved one provokes a strong negative response like fear, it provokes little response about someone who doesn't matter. The subconscious learns from this and will mothball (over time) the thought that doesn't provoke the expected response of fear and reinforce (to send again) the ones that do. The area of the brain looking for the response can only see negatives, the fear response, it's literally like ticking a box in a process as it sits at the end of the cycle. It's also why it takes longer to change these subconscious thoughts with positive/neutral since the fear response was only ever meant to react to true threats, like the bear example.

Testing yourself can be a compulsion in OCD which is used to determine the same fear reaction. If the fear reaction doesn't come, the sufferer reacts with more fear because they take that mean (mistakenly) that they are changing into that which they fear. However, if you do it in a controlled manner to disprove thoughts like they do in a Behavioural Experiment, which happens in therapy, that's a positive experience. I just want to point this out so you don't get sucked into another common OCD behaviour.

Thoughts jumping from fear to fear is the case for some where as others get stuck on one obsession. The fact you're had all those points even more to an anxiety disorder. OCD still remains a possibility since HA is not a medical term and spans various anxiety disorders including OCD.

Viking111 had thoughts his parents were acting differently and he gets DP/DR. He's a young lad who I believe is quite an inspiration on here as he has beaten much of his anxiety. His threads might be worth a look and he is posting about DP/DR at the moment due to having an episode.

Thanks again for the reply. I promise I will beat this like I've beaten the Health anxiety of other issues. I'm proud to say how happy I have made my parents and even my counseller through staying positive and seeing the results!!

So to conclude 2 things:

1) is this 1000000% not psychosis and or schizophrenia (so I can ease my mind ahah)
2) how do I beat these thoughts? (Eg CBT, Give it time, ignore them etc)

Thanks again pal :yesyes:

randomforeigner
26-11-16, 17:26
What happens if you just ignore those ideas, and let them subside?

James loveslife
26-11-16, 18:11
What happens if you just ignore those ideas, and let them subside?

What will they loose there importance and obsession over time if I just persistently ignore them ?

SLA
26-11-16, 18:38
Yes.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Its not so much ignoring as identifying them as complete BS.

James loveslife
26-11-16, 21:32
Yes.

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:37 ----------

Its not so much ignoring as identifying them as complete BS.

Ahaha Thankyou. I always like your 'to the point' comments.

Also I know it's off topic but if you like football check out my YT channel.
Type in LJT10 and you will see :) tell me what you think!!

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:43 ----------

Even though it was directed at mynameisterry anyone can answer the post I relied to him. But I'd like it if terry could answer it aswell as others as his posts are always great

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

---------- Post added at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

??

ServerError
26-11-16, 21:37
James - this thread is already full of posts answering that question. What you're doing now is seeking even more robust reassurance because you still have the worry niggling away at you.

I feel it's important that we stop directly discussing psychosis at this point. You have all the information you need to be able to say you aren't psychotic. It's time to talk about anxiety and how you're going to start tackling it.

swajj
26-11-16, 23:10
Actually it's time to talk to your counsellor about it. You are (apparently) listening to Terry's advice but you won't listen to your counsellor. Your counsellor is trained to deal with mental illness. Terry isn't and neither is anyone else on this site. If you are genuine then your problems are beyond the scope of this forum. Tell your parents today. Actually show them this thread.

Fishmanpa
27-11-16, 03:41
Actually it's time to talk to your counsellor about it. You are (apparently) listening to Terry's advice but you won't listen to your counsellor. Your counsellor is trained to deal with mental illness. Terry isn't and neither is anyone else on this site. If you are genuine then your problems are beyond the scope of this forum. Tell your parents today. Actually show them this thread.

:yesyes: Yep..... Thank you for echoing my thoughts.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 04:38

It goes without saying he needs to be addressing this with his counsellor. That being said, we can support each other. The information provided by the way comes from professional sources (which everyone else posting has said the same), it's not my opinion other than that he could have an anxiety disorder, which he seems to be getting treatment for anyway. :shrug: I don't believe that means he's taking my comments above his counsellors, perhaps it's just I've spent a bit more time talking to him in the thread?

His counsellor may not be regulated formally, none of them are outside of works contracts in the UK, but they do have to be trained on The Mental Health Act and stick to it as it's law and this means starting the sectioning process, if needed. They haven't, that's a good sign from a trained professional in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 ----------

What will they loose there importance and obsession over time if I just persistently ignore them ?

There are various schools of thought on this one so it needs to be discussed with your counsellor to ensure you don't clash. For instance, what is being discussed now is acceptance-based but CBT is the norm for treatment of anxiety disorders so you may be receiving professional guidance on how to challenge your thoughts, which isn't about ignoring them the same way.

Both can work. Some find one easier than another.

---------- Post added at 04:38 ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 ----------

Thanks again for the reply. I promise I will beat this like I've beaten the Health anxiety of other issues. I'm proud to say how happy I have made my parents and even my counseller through staying positive and seeing the results!!

So to conclude 2 things:

1) is this 1000000% not psychosis and or schizophrenia (so I can ease my mind ahah)
2) how do I beat these thoughts? (Eg CBT, Give it time, ignore them etc)

Thanks again pal :yesyes:

1) What is important now is not what we say but what you think. So, if you look back through this thread, what do you believe consciously? Your subconscious won't change over night, it takes time & effort but part of the battle is ensuring you have a firm opinion that your conscious mind will stick to.

2) This is an individual thing and there are lots of forms of therapy and techniques. CBT is the standard for all this but it doesn't work for everyone and some people find acceptance-based methods of Cognitive Therapy such as ACT more helpful, or just using acceptance methods or methods that include a good amount of acceptance such as Mindfulness.

This can clash with your therapy so it needs discussing. What exactly is your counsellor even doing as they should really be using CBT anyway as that's the agreed standard in anxiety disorders?

Give it time is a false strategy though, whilst time is part of it it's also about taking steps to change how you react to your triggers and how your bias works in your thoughts.

swajj
27-11-16, 05:31
Not just you Terry. My concern is that any layperson attempting to counsel someone who is demonstrating signs of psychosis could in fact be doing more harm than good. If this person is genuine then his parents need to step in and get him the help he needs.

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 06:17
But he isn't. What makes you believe he is?

---------- Post added at 06:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

You sound very able to rationalise your thoughts, James, and I mean in terms of other anxiety sufferers as this can be hard when triggered. That is a good sign that something like CBT can help you as you will take to it easier. The more you work to deal with these thoughts without reassurance, the better. Have a look at Thought Records, I'll post you a link to a good site for this used by professionals when I come back on later (logging off now). These work based on disproving through counter evidence and re framing a new conclusion. You could use what we all say on here to help you with that, including disproving those daft comments off the other forum.

This is a good site for therapy tools. There is a section on there with different forms of Thought Records, I suggest you have a look and see if they help you work on challenging your thoughts as long as it doesn't clash with your therapy:

http://psychology.tools/download-therapy-worksheets.html

There is also a HA section near the bottom with modules and there will be a link to the CCI website who also have HA workbooks.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 08:42
But he isn't. What makes you believe he is?

---------- Post added at 06:17 ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 ----------

This is a good site for therapy tools. There is a section on there with different forms of Thought Records, I suggest you have a look and see if they help you work on challenging your thoughts as long as it doesn't clash with your therapy:

http://psychology.tools/download-therapy-worksheets.html

There is also a HA section near the bottom with modules and there will be a link to the CCI website who also have HA workbooks.

Oh my god. Do I actually have psychosis.

I'm not joking, I was feeling so good this morning and the thoughts started to loose their meaning completely!!!
I'm not joking but now I'm terrified again.

Why would anyone say that if I'm not going psychotic????

---------- Post added at 08:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 ----------

Please don't say that.

Surely I'm not going mad!!

Everyone around me says I'm the same kid. It's just repetitive frustrating thoughts.

What makes you say that anyway?????

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 09:35
Swajj is being wary because you are worrying about a serious mentally ill state as far as I can tell. She will have to clarify what she means but I'm taking it in the same way as someone who talks about suicide on here can elicit a response that it's not for us and needs a professional now.

The point is though, if you look at what the NHS state you would have and when to seek medical support, you don't have those symptoms. You aren't even talking about those symptoms for a start!

James loveslife
27-11-16, 09:41
Listen. I have figured out what the problem is. It's not that I believe the crazy things I think (as I know there crazy) however I obsess over them and they always seem to be at the front of my mind. For example I've told myself if my parents are aliens then I am, therefore every human must be. So it makes no difference.
And even though the thought is still there it's faded a bit. But I had a horrid thought of me harming my mum which is persistently in my head. However I need something to challenge it and rationalise it. To reduce the significance of it!!
A bit like the alien thought.

I'm fine and I'm trying to stay positive. I know I'm not psychotic and you have been the most helpful member for me on this forum

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 09:54
No problem, that's what we are all here for, to support each other.

That thought about harming your mum is a typical intrusive thought. I had harm based ones, amongst others. The more you react to them with negatives, the more they will continue as that's the cycle. Pull the rug from under them by accepting them as just thoughts with no meaning or give them a "meh" and they will go because the subconscious notices they are worthless so stops sending them.

This is a good example of that site of how they work and important to understand:

http://psychology.tools/intrusive-thoughts-brain-metaphor.html

When understanding harm based thoughts, don't think about now, think about your life up to this point - are you a violent person who could have the potential to harm your mum? I bet you are the complete opposite of this. I've known violent people, they wouldn't worry about these thoughts, they would laugh as they were stamping on your face or hitting you with a baseball bat and brag to their mates about it...they only feel guilt when they are in the dock pleading for a reduced sentence.

My harm based thoughts were all sorts of graphic imagery. It's actually a lot more common than people realise. And all human beings have intrusive thoughts, studies have proven that, they just don't realise it as they flash through so quickly without reaction which is how mine are now I've beaten them.

Reading Steve Seay's articles were very helpful in understanding intrusive thoughts. He's a licenced psychologist treating people with these disorders in the US and he goes into detail not found on the UK charity websites. It's worth a read, it will explain it all in detail to you.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 09:59
No problem, that's what we are all here for, to support each other.

That thought about harming your mum is a typical intrusive thought. I had harm based ones, amongst others. The more you react to them with negatives, the more they will continue as that's the cycle. Pull the rug from under them by accepting them as just thoughts with no meaning or give them a "meh" and they will go because the subconscious notices they are worthless so stops sending them.

This is a good example of that site of how they work and important to understand:

http://psychology.tools/intrusive-thoughts-brain-metaphor.html

When understanding harm based thoughts, don't think about now, think about your life up to this point - are you a violent person who could have the potential to harm your mum? I bet you are the complete opposite of this. I've known violent people, they wouldn't worry about these thoughts, they would laugh as they were stamping on your face or hitting you with a baseball bat and brag to their mates about it...they only feel guilt when they are in the dock pleading for a reduced sentence.

My harm based thoughts were all sorts of graphic imagery. It's actually a lot more common than people realise. And all human beings have intrusive thoughts, studies have proven that, they just don't realise it as they flash through so quickly without reaction which is how mine are now I've beaten them.

Reading Steve Seay's articles were very helpful in understanding intrusive thoughts. He's a licenced psychologist treating people with these disorders in the US and he goes into detail not found on the UK charity websites. It's worth a read, it will explain it all in detail to you.

Thanks very much mate. Knowing that they are fairly normal is great and so nice to hear.

And are the other thoughts I've had the same? Are they not concerning either?

Also to challenge the 'alien' thought. What characteristics do humans have which make us 100% human. So if I ever think about someone being sometimhing other than a human I can assess them in my head and just realise that they are quickly and get over the thought.

SLA
27-11-16, 10:30
What characteristics do humans have which make us 100% human.

Writing on forums.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 10:33
Writing on forums.

Oh my days :D
You never fail to make me laugh

But what makes us the same species. It's so confusing ahaha

swajj
27-11-16, 10:40
The point is I don't know if he is or not. Neither do you Terry. I have stated here several times in the past that I have a psych degree but I'm no psych. I'm a teacher with a psych degree. I don't practice psychology and neither do you. You've read up a lot on it. So have I because I had to. It is unethical to be diagnosing this "child" when you are not trained to do so. And you are diagnosing him whether you believe you are or not.

I admire youTerry because you are always there to listen. Lots of threads go unnoticed but you make a point of opening those threads and offering advice or comfort. That is wonderful. But you don't mess around with possible psychosis. You recommend professional help.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I use the term "child" without a great deal of confidence that I am actually referring to a child. I try to abide by the etiquette here. It is possible that James is just playing everyone here. And as the mods here have requested that we stay out of threads where we believe this to be the case this will be my last post on this thread.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 10:41
The point is I don't know if he is or not. Neither do you Terry. I have stated here several times in the past that I have a psych degree but I'm no psych. I'm a teacher with a psych degree. I don't practice psychology and neither do you. You've read up a lot on it. So have I because I had to. It is unethical to be diagnosing this "child" when you are not trained to do so. And you are diagnosing him whether you believe you are or not.

I admire youTerry because you are always there to listen. Lots of threads go unnoticed but you make a point of opening those threads and offering advice or comfort. That is wonderful. But you don't mess around with possible psychosis. You recommend professional help.

I use the term "child" without a great deal of confidence that I am actually referring to a child. I try to abide by the etiquette here. It is possible that James is just playing everyone here. And as the mods here have requested that we stay out of threads where we believe this to be the case this will be my last post on this thread.

Please stop commenting things like this.

I'm not psychotic honestly!!
What makes you think I am.
I have no symptoms??
Please don't comment again I'm trying to stay positive

SLA
27-11-16, 10:47
As long as we are speaking from experience and have the posters best interest at heart, then that is all we can do. Otherwise the whole forum might as well not exist.

James, one thing that is very apparent is that you still have the belief (although it seems less strong) that you could be going through psychosis.

The reason I say that is because you have had Terry and I give you all of our wisdom regarding our own experiences, and given you some reassurance, yet you are still seeking other opinions. (This in itself isn't a problem.)

However, when someone comments that you should go and see a psychiatrist, you indirectly link that to your fear/belief of being psychotic. That seems to validate your belief, so it suddenly becomes WAY MORE IMPORTANT.

This is my belief...

It's all a ruse mate. It is your mind playing tricks. You don't have to be going through psychosis for your mind to play tricks. It does it day in, day out, and most of the time we don't notice it.

I worried about psychosis in 2008. It felt like a real possibility at the time.

Eventually, after much reading, observing and many realisations, it was just a bundled knot of intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and depression.

I would still recommend seeing someone, so you can talk to them, because even if you get over your fear of psychosis, unless you treat the cause, your mind will replace it with something else.

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 10:57

You don't mess around with brain tumours or cancer either yet everyone says why people don't have them every day of the week on this forum. No one here is qualified to say whether they are or are not but if someone says my leg is aching do I have cancer, everyone says no you don't, you have anxiety.

I fail to see the difference in this, swajj? I have absolutely no qualifications in this area, I have never claimed to, but I can read the NHS Choices website which tells people the symptoms and he has described absolutely none of the 4 areas that alert people to consult a doctor for loved ones. He will go to his GP after advice off a place like this for a GP to waste a 10 minute slot at the cost of another patient who actually needs to be there.

I'm certainly NOT diagnosing him. If you believe that, you must believe the whole forum is diagnosing everyone else on every single thread when they are telling people they don't have what they fear. If you live by the Admin rule of "don't give medical advice", you are absolutely spot on but that rule is pointless on this website for very obvious reasons. Even telling someone they have anxiety is medical advice.

He's getting medical care with a counsellor expected to spot anything needing a sectioning process which includes psychosis or any disorder including anything like it. His family have said his behaviour is as normal, they don't appear to have the same concerns as some people on here do. If the NHS say what is a symptom and you are talking about something that is not on their list to see a doctor, why would you consider someone's fear as being a possibility? I don't understand that.

So, if we take this view we might as well stop responding to threads at all and say "consult a doctor" on every one of them. :shrug:

Thank you for you your kind words though. I just don't see the difference in this issue unless you are going to say the same to everyone else on every thread?

EDIT: I do respect what you are saying, swajj, I realise it's purely in his best interests. James has taken it as a scare but I know you are not intending that and I hope he realises.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 11:02
As long as we are speaking from experience and have the posters best interest at heart, then that is all we can do. Otherwise the whole forum might as well not exist.

James, one thing that is very apparent is that you still have the belief (although it seems less strong) that you could be going through psychosis.

The reason I say that is because you have had Terry and I give you all of our wisdom regarding our own experiences, and given you some reassurance, yet you are still seeking other opinions. (This in itself isn't a problem.)

However, when someone comments that you should go and see a psychiatrist, you indirectly link that to your fear/belief of being psychotic. That seems to validate your belief, so it suddenly becomes WAY MORE IMPORTANT.

This is my belief...

It's all a ruse mate. It is your mind playing tricks. You don't have to be going through psychosis for your mind to play tricks. It does it day in, day out, and most of the time we don't notice it.

I worried about psychosis in 2008. It felt like a real possibility at the time.

Eventually, after much reading, observing and many realisations, it was just a bundled knot of intrusive thoughts, anxiety, and depression.

I would still recommend seeing someone, so you can talk to them, because even if you get over your fear of psychosis, unless you treat the cause, your mind will replace it with something else.

Well nothing points towards psychosis does it?

It's just all intrusive thoughts. All that I need to know is how to deal with them. And I believe that if I have something to counter the thoughts and then think about something else then they will go.

Don't get me wrong I'm not 100% but I'm much more myself than I was and I hate when people put psychosis in my mind as it's so frustrating. I mean the definition of psychosis is a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.
And I'm fully aware that these thoughts are bullshit but they just linger in my mind and fristaye me mate.

What points me towards psychosis then????

---------- Post added at 11:02 ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 ----------

You don't mess around with brain tumours or cancer either yet everyone says why people don't have them every day of the week on this forum. No one here is qualified to say whether they are or are not but if someone says my leg is aching do I have cancer, everyone says no you don't, you have anxiety.

I fail to see the difference in this, swajj? I have absolutely no qualifications in this area, I have never claimed to, but I can read the NHS Choices website which tells people the symptoms and he has described absolutely none of the 4 areas that alert people to consult a doctor for loved ones. He will go to his GP after advice off a place like this for a GP to waste a 10 minute slot at the cost of another patient who actually needs to be there.

I'm certainly NOT diagnosing him. If you believe that, you must believe the whole forum is diagnosing everyone else on every single thread when they are telling people they don't have what they fear. If you live by the Admin rule of "don't give medical advice", you are absolutely spot on but that rule is pointless on this website for very obvious reasons. Even telling someone they have anxiety is medical advice.

He's getting medical care with a counsellor expected to spot anything needing a sectioning process which includes psychosis or any disorder including anything like it. His family have said his behaviour is as normal, they don't appear to have the same concerns as some people on here do. If the NHS say what is a symptom and you are talking about something that is not on their list to see a doctor, why would you consider someone's fear as being a possibility? I don't understand that.

So, if we take this view we might as well stop responding to threads at all and say "consult a doctor" on every one of them. :shrug:

Thank you for you your kind words though. I just don't see the difference in this issue unless you are going to say the same to everyone else on every thread?

Mate. I know I don't have psychosis as NOTHING points towards it.

Your replies have been so helpful a nd id be so low if it was not for some of them.
You are completely right in the fact that no one is qualified however if my family are not concerned and actually say that I'm IMPROVING BY THE DAY then surely that is the opposite of what they would say if I had a severe mental turn where I lost touch with reality.

Do you agree? (I'm not ranting as I really appreciate what you do on this forum and I don't think you should be questioned)

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 11:02
Probably just a fear if loss of control, James. I have no idea why some people lean towards one thing and some lean to another. Some are obvious like fear if leaving family behind but some don't seem to have much reason beyond loss of control.

I'm not sure it's even worth delving into, we may never find out. I've had epiphanies about mine later and it didn't stop me moving forward in tackling them.

Spot on SLA!

James loveslife
27-11-16, 11:59
Probably just a fear if loss of control, James. I have no idea why some people lean towards one thing and some lean to another. Some are obvious like fear if leaving family behind but some don't seem to have much reason beyond loss of control.

I'm not sure it's even worth delving into, we may never find out. I've had epiphanies about mine later and it didn't stop me moving forward in tackling them.

Spot on SLA!

Mate. I know I don't have psychosis as NOTHING points towards it.

Your replies have been so helpful a nd id be so low if it was not for some of them.
You are completely right in the fact that no one is qualified however if my family are not concerned and actually say that I'm IMPROVING BY THE DAY then surely that is the opposite of what they would say if I had a severe mental turn where I lost touch with reality.

Do you agree? (I'm not ranting as I really appreciate what you do on this forum and I don't think you should be questioned)

---------- Post added at 11:18 ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 ----------

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 ----------

.?

swajj
27-11-16, 12:11
I said I wouldn't post on this thread again but I feel I need to answer you Terry. So I won't address the op of this thread or his fears.

I don't believe everyone here does what you suggest. I know I don't. I can identify with many of the issues that others here are experiencing because at my worst my anxiety was pretty severe. So I try to give examples of my personal experiences in the hope that someone might identify with them. I never try to provide counselling to anyone. I'm not trained to do that. I don't give advice based on what I have read. However, I will repeat advice given to me by my doctor and my psychiatrist. I have nothing left to say on this so if you respond then I won't be answering you on this thread.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 13:15
I said I wouldn't post on this thread again but I feel I need to answer you Terry. So I won't address the op of this thread or his fears.

I don't believe everyone here does what you suggest. I know I don't. I can identify with many of the issues that others here are experiencing because at my worst my anxiety was pretty severe. So I try to give examples of my personal experiences in the hope that someone might identify with them. I never try to provide counselling to anyone. I'm not trained to do that. I don't give advice based on what I have read. However, I will repeat advice given to me by my doctor and my psychiatrist. I have nothing left to say on this so if you respond then I won't be answering you on this thread.

Alright guys so I have sort of beaten the fear of psychosis, and I am aware I'm not going crazy which is great however since I have stopped thinking about thoughts in detail, I have noticed I seem to have The thoughts lingering in my head waiting for me to challenge them and it's really frustrating as even when I try and distract myself I will always think of the thoughts and I can't seem to get rid of them. They don't scare me and I'm not scared of psychosis any more. However it feels like there is A cloud over my head waiting for me to think deep thoughts.

What would you recommend I do right now as I'm off for a meal tonight and am really looking forward to it!! I just want the thoughts to drift off and never come back.

I'm off for a hot bath to chill out!!

MyNameIsTerry
27-11-16, 13:26

Not everyone, but a great deal of people. There are plenty of brain tumour threads, ALS, cancers, etc with people saying "no you don't have them". The issue if the same as this thread.

To be honest, I'm not sure what you are objecting to anymore. :shrug:

Again, I'm not counselling anyone, for a start I wouldn't want the responsibility anyway. If you interpret my style of writing, much of which is based on the CBT I have learned, as counselling then that's your opinion which you are entitled to.

SLA
27-11-16, 14:04
Alright guys so I have sort of beaten the fear of psychosis, and I am aware I'm not going crazy which is great however since I have stopped thinking about thoughts in detail, I have noticed I seem to have The thoughts lingering in my head waiting for me to challenge them and it's really frustrating as even when I try and distract myself I will always think of the thoughts and I can't seem to get rid of them. They don't scare me and I'm not scared of psychosis any more. However it feels like there is A cloud over my head waiting for me to think deep thoughts.

What would you recommend I do right now as I'm off for a meal tonight and am really looking forward to it!! I just want the thoughts to drift off and never come back.

I'm off for a hot bath to chill out!!

The thoughts don't need to be challenged.

And they don't just disappear overnight, and may never go completely.

The problem is the more you concern yourself with NOT having the thoughts, the more they are likely to rise.

Excuse my french, but its basically about learning to "not give a f**k" about your thoughts.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 14:12
The thoughts don't need to be challenged.

And they don't just disappear overnight, and may never go completely.

The problem is the more you concern yourself with NOT having the thoughts, the more they are likely to rise.

Excuse my french, but its basically about learning to "not give a f**k" about your thoughts.

Ahaha. So how do I begin to 'not give a f@&k about the thoughts ahahha?

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

I'm such a moron honestly.

I mean - I thought to myself 'these thoughts are like an unwanted black cloud over my head!'
And all of a sudden I can't stop thinking about a black cloud over my head with negatives and frustration in it. Ahah honestly!!!

At least I'm not fearing psychosis anymore!!!!

That is such a relief.

pulisa
27-11-16, 14:19
Is James actually being helped by all this information/interaction?

James loveslife
27-11-16, 17:00
Is James actually being helped by all this information/interaction?

Yes I am actually.

A few days ago I was sat crying saying to myself how I'm going crazy and psychotic.

Now I'm not scared of psychosis. And am working on ignoring my wierd frustrating thoughts!!

By the way I'm going out tonight and a few days ago would not get out of bed.

So please ask James himself that question next time. Thanks x

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

I do think a lot of it is to do with when I'm just sat around. I've had nothing to do today.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

Guys I'm losing it :(

I've felt like sh*t all day and I'm back to thinking this must be psychosis.

I'm just reminded with a feeling of negativity (no actuAl thought) when I try to distract myself and then if I think about the feeling of negativity all the negative intrusive thoughts fly back in.

I feel helpless.

What is the point anymore. :(

I don't want to be sectioned it's my worst fear
I also don't want a feeling of negativity and intrusive thoughts to follow me around all my life.

KatiePink
27-11-16, 17:15
Now I'm not scared of psychosis.

Within a few hours...

I think it's very obvious that repeatedly posting on here will not help you.

I feel helpless.

You need to help yourself.

James loveslife
27-11-16, 17:24
Yes I am actually.

A few days ago I was sat crying saying to myself how I'm going crazy and psychotic.

Now I'm not scared of psychosis. And am working on ignoring my wierd frustrating thoughts!!

By the way I'm going out tonight and a few days ago would not get out of bed.

So please ask James himself that question next time. Thanks x

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 14:24 ----------

I do think a lot of it is to do with when I'm just sat around. I've had nothing to do today.

---------- Post added at 17:00 ---------- Previous post was at 15:33 ----------

I'm just reminded with a feeling of negativity (no actuAl thought) when I try to distract myself and then if I think about the feeling of negativity all the negative intrusive thoughts fly back in.

I feel helpless.

What is the point anymore. :(

I don't want to be sectioned it's my worst fear
I also don't want a feeling of negativity and intrusive thoughts to follow me around all my life.

Guys I've calmed down now.

Sorry about that outburst hahah

I may speak to my school nurse either tomorrow or Tuesday. She is a lovely lady and always has my best interest at heart.

She really helped with my Heath anxiety.

SLA
27-11-16, 18:52
Do you drink caffeine?

James loveslife
27-11-16, 19:07
Do you drink caffeine?

No mate. Why???

By the way I'm out having tea and even though now and again I'm having the negative/frustatig thoughts I'm trying to ignore them and haven't been as frustrated.

I'm being really interactive and having a good time.
The best thing I can do is surround myself with family and friends.

Ljthompson10
28-11-16, 07:36
Oh my goodness.

I have the same problem at the minute.

Intrusive thoughts about my loved ones being aliens/robots etc.

It's horrific.

Just try and ignore the thoughts man.

I will post today and you can read what I have to say:yahoo:

Phuzella
28-11-16, 17:16
Off topic but flipp. .... is that your blue merle collie in the photo?? My girl who died a year ago looked just like that :)

nomorepanic
28-11-16, 22:52
Amazing!!!.One signs off and the other signs on.. The rate this is going from what I have read, I'll end up with psychosis.My warped head at the moment is telling me that James/Lj are the same person.:wacko:.

Admin are on the case tonight