PDA

View Full Version : E Coli UTI scared will not respond to treatment.

jessieblue
25-11-16, 18:41
Hi Everyone. After a couple of episodes of cystitis over last 2 months, last one being after I finished a course of penicillin for tonsilitis! Which makes me wonder why I had an infection when i had just finished antibiotics......i was confirmed to have e coli bacteria present on culture. I had mild pain in my loin or flank area left side which doctors treated as kidney infection although it was mild and intermittant. I didnt need pain killers and I had no fever. I had urinary symptoms but they had improved before i started taking antibiotics after drinking loads and taking d mannose. I was put on 10 days of cipro 500mg 2 x day and I am on day 8. I still get random pains and sensations. Not often but occasional side pain and occasional needing to wee when i dont feelings. I had cystoscopy done wednesday and all was good except i need a dilation of bladder neck as uro thinks that is what has caused all my symptoms and infection.....?? Not sure how that can be as you would think tight bladder neck would keep germs out, but oh well.

The thing is i am petrified the infection hasnt gone and is still there waiting to erupt again in my kidneys. I think i will have to rush to hospital because if cipro cannot kill it nothing will. My anxiety is sky high.....thanks to cipro and I cannot see getting better at the moment. I dont feel too bad but every little twinge sets alarm bells ringing. Has anyone had a difficult to shift infection before and how did you get better. I am drinking loads water, taking d mannose too and keeping off caffeine etc. All the things i should. Will I get better or might this be a resistant strain of e coli? Feel like a crazy person right now!